Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
This 1930s or '40s one is just nuts.

boater05.jpg

boater08.jpg

mattface

Practically Family
Be sure to post a couples photo of the two of you in your matching Stetsons in the Whippet thread.

Happy Anniversary ... :love:

I will do that for sure. I also picked her up an awesome grey 40s vintage women's suit yesterday at a barn sale, I think it'll go great with the hat. Chances are we'll both dress up in our vintage finest sometime around Halloween. Maybe go out for an absinthe at the local speak easy.

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
I also picked her up an awesome grey 40s vintage women's suit yesterday at a barn sale, I think it'll go great with the hat. Chances are we'll both dress up in our vintage finest sometime around Halloween. Maybe go out for an absinthe at the local speak easy.

That's the ticket. And take your camera along ... Just be sure to preset the red eye compensator ... ;)

I'm looking forward to the photo tribute.

mattface

Practically Family
http://www.ebay.com/itm/27082944620...=p3984.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true#cvip_desc

Won that. I'm curious--It says that there's rubberized cellophane under the sweatband; Is that ok, or a health risk? Just wondering.
Love that one I've been eyeing it longingly. Glad you got it. I don't know anything about what your liner has in it, but probably some variation on the plastic protective film. I wouldn't worry about it. If it's totally grody replace it, but I'm sure there's nothing toxic in there.

FedoraFan112390

Practically Family
Love that one I've been eyeing it longingly. Glad you got it. I don't know anything about what your liner has in it, but probably some variation on the plastic protective film. I wouldn't worry about it. If it's totally grody replace it, but I'm sure there's nothing toxic in there.

Thanks. I shall let the next good one go to you when rilico puts up another wide brimmed hat. I just get nervous about old clothes because years ago people dididn't know as much about toxins as we do and would put all sorts of horrible stuff in clothes, buildings, etc--like Asbestos, lead and DDT. I love vintage clothes but that's an aspect that worries me.

mattface

Practically Family
Don't worry about it I covet way more than I buy. Lately I've made several good buys, but I really can't get every pretty hat I see, and I love to see others get them as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe