Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carter

I'll Lock Up
Great Hats Gentlemen!

Bolt, Congratulations on the Schoble! Great lid at a terrific price! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

JTL, That Portis is a beauty and a Royal Deluxe Stetson as well! You are the shopping WONDAH! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Wil Tam

Practically Family
I got this in the mail the other day

Resistol 990 Beaver XXX

had to steam the bash out because the crease was messed up from the storage then I rebashed & 'trained it' for a few days :p still need to mess with it for a while ... the kitten is so soft!

IMG_0103.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0101.jpg
IMG_0100.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg
IMG_0175.jpg

TopGumby

One of the Regulars
Some amazing hats here!

I've been wanting an Open Road style lid (my kid has a Stetson OR, but that's another story) so I bought this Resistol San Antonio

3752_1.jpg

I'm hoping the wider brim and narrow ribbon will fit my mug and style of dress better than the 2" brim/ribbon on the Stetson Sovereign Twenty it's more or less replacing.

rumblefish

One Too Many

vjramire

New in Town

carter

I'll Lock Up
NICE Hats

vjramire said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=330291469435

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=390015090679

I've never 'bashed' before. Any suggestions for the Cavanagh? Also, I couldn't pass up the Stetson Playboy. It was just to crazy looking!
I'll post them modelled when they come in!

-Vince

BTW, my wife is starting to think I'm crazy! :cool2:
There's really no bashing to be done. Wear them as they are. You may like the looks.

Regarding your wife, it's kinda like being surrounded.
Now you've got her right where you want her.
;) :)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I think that open crowned cavanagh fedora would look great with just a center crease- no pinches. Easy to do- just gently chop a straight line down the center with the side of your hand. If you want pinches, or a diamond, or a teardrop, or anything else, that center crease is also the place to start from.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
vjramire said:
I've never 'bashed' before. Any suggestions for the Cavanagh?

That's a beautiful Cavanagh. With that block shape, the best thing is to put in a center crease and front pinches. Then, using your thumb and middle finger, spread out the back third of the center crease to make it a bit wider than the front of the crease. More like a diamond crease than a C-crown, if that makes sense. Then, extend the front pinches backwards as far you like along the top of the crown, about to where you widened the center crease. That will give you a classic look for a classic hat.

Brad

carter

I'll Lock Up
TopGumby said:
I was going to go for that one, but wasn't sure of the size.
If the seller has their interior measurements correct (8" long, 7" wide) the interior circumference should be about 23.61". That's enough to have stretched to my size. Also, I have another Shudde Bros. Resistol currently being restored. This should be a great hat.

BTW, Another member, Baron Kurtz, finally convinced me that length and width measurements of an ellipse can accurately be used to determine the interior circumference of a hat. The best ellipse circumference calculator I have found is located here:
http://www.csgnetwork.com/circumellipse.html
I have it saved in my Favorites so it's always readily available if I need it.

ps. Love the avatar!

Daoud

One of the Regulars
My last few weeks' ebaying......

Haven't had time to post in a while- busy, busy, busy! Here are the fruits of a few auctions- a nice Dobbs stingy- brim. A good hat, but I've decided I HATE the way these narrow-brimmed hats look on me....it will be back on the auction block soon....
hatsetc006.jpg
My first Open Road- it wasn't called an O.R. in the title but when I contacted the seller he affirmed that it was indeed.....not particularly old, I don't think- I disliked it until I re-creased it- a wonderful hat!
hatsetc010.jpg

hatsetc011.jpg

Next, a terrible image of a lovely hat-a beautifully soft coal-black Royal Stetson- again, not vintage but a very nice hat with a cool Nordstrom box:
hatsetc015.jpg
An interesting specimen- less value as a hat then as a neat political collectible-
hatsetc017.jpg
hatsetc018.jpg
hatsetc019.jpg
This next one is as far as I'm concerned the coolest of all- a Royal Stetson porkpie, quite old I believe- another less-than-stellar image- it is a nice loden with a brown woven band- not lined-cost about $10.00 and change
hatsetc020.jpg
hatsetc021.jpg
hatsetc023.jpg
A perfect hat for dog-walking and such. Well, that's about all for now- sorry to take up so much room- I'll try not to sandbag next time!

PabloElFlamenco

Practically Family

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe