Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

These two tiny old Austrian? Velours didn't sell but I thought they were worth picking up so I struck a deal with the seller. The photos are poor but I have feeling both of these will turn out to be winners. I don't see any moth damage (even the light one) and everything else seems to be ok. I will probably end up selling them after they get a good look over plus photos.

Unknown Black Velour shown open crown

$(KGrHqEOKi0E3)8keisoBN+eRIbYO!~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqQOKpUE3t01dJi(BN+eRS7jnw~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqEOKkUE3rF5q2D7BN+eRV8gsg~~0_12.JPG

Unknown Light Velour Back Bow

$(KGrHqN,!jcE3LsPLk!bBN+efCvqYg~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!hEE3)MpDoojBN+efLU3(!~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqMOKn!E3c3PuFh,BN+efOYpYw~~0_12.JPG

Last edited:
It might be a bit less stiff / rigid also lighter. I would say in general the German and Austrian Melones I have are a bit lighter and less stiff / rigid than my English made Bowlers.

HatsEnough

Banned
He definitely sold that 100 wrong. Even so, I've seen a lot of prices lower than I would expect lately. I wonder if its because felts are not doing well because its Summer? Maybe prices will tick back up in a few months?

red71veloce

Familiar Face
Ok...I confess it was I. I know it is a little underhanded, but I've been looking for a Cross Country for some time....something around a size 7....something in really nice shape.....and the color was great as well. I only hope the mothing is not too bad....matter of fact, I'm going to practice the "fill" method on an old moth eaten Playboy.

If it makes any difference....this deal included me promising my wife that this was it.....the last hat purchase........of course I forgot to mention the Champ "Featherweight" I had purchased a couple of days earlier!! I hope they both get in today.....I'll tell her the "Cross" shipped in one box, and the "Country" shipped in the other!

I really do apologize to anyone who I may have upset making this deal.......

Tracy

red71veloce

Familiar Face
You guys realize you are enablers......or pushers....I don't know, something......all I know is I only thought I might enjoy wearing a hat until I joined this forum......now umpteen hats later.......well I'm blaming you!

Tracy

You guys realize you are enablers......or pushers....I don't know, something......all I know is I only thought I might enjoy wearing a hat until I joined this forum......now umpteen hats later.......well I'm blaming you!

Tracy

We are a SUPPORT group.... just what the heck we support each other at is hard to pin down....mostly it is acquiring more & more hats...that does require circulation of hats among the group....we accept the assigned blame!!!

T Rick

Practically Family
Ok...I confess it was I. I know it is a little underhanded, but I've been looking for a Cross Country for some time....something around a size 7....something in really nice shape.....and the color was great as well. I only hope the mothing is not too bad....matter of fact, I'm going to practice the "fill" method on an old moth eaten Playboy.

If it makes any difference....this deal included me promising my wife that this was it.....the last hat purchase........of course I forgot to mention the Champ "Featherweight" I had purchased a couple of days earlier!! I hope they both get in today.....I'll tell her the "Cross" shipped in one box, and the "Country" shipped in the other!

I really do apologize to anyone who I may have upset making this deal.......

Tracy
Wow that's a great looking hat! Please post more pics when it arrives, also the brim width. I may have just spotted what I want built as my first custom! (Are any Custo Hatters working with lightweight felts?).

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
We are a SUPPORT group.... just what the heck we support each other at is hard to pin down....mostly it is acquiring more & more hats...that does require circulation of hats among the group....we accept the assigned blame!!!

LOL, you just better hope my wife never finds your address or she might pay you a visit. You keep sending the hats to my buddies shop and I'll make sure she doesn't know where they come from.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe