Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

billyspew

One Too Many
Brad Bowers said:
Okay, you got my attention.;)

I haven't heard of Adam offering a Cavanagh Edge before, but that doesn't mean they didn't. The word "Sealed," though, makes me think that it could be a glued overwelt. I'll be interested to hear more.

Brad

I believe Lee had a Cavanagh Edge, and the Adam's were still being made by Lee at this point in time, so here's hoping!

I have one with a glued overwelt and it doesn't mention the Hand Sealed Edge, but it is from later.

I have a Knox, Stetson and a Borso with the edge so at least I'll be able to compare.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I'm glad Billy saved that hat. Leaving your felt fedoras sitting around that close to the heavily chlorinated pool on the edge of a table is making me nervous!!

Great colors and I can't wait to see it modeled once you've received it and put your touches on it.

Congratulations on the recent nuptials. Gorgeous bride and obviously hat -tolerant too. Very lucky man.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:
I believe Lee had a Cavanagh Edge, and the Adam's were still being made by Lee at this point in time, so here's hoping!

I have one with a glued overwelt and it doesn't mention the Hand Sealed Edge, but it is from later.

I have a Knox, Stetson and a Borso with the edge so at least I'll be able to compare.

Good point, yes, Lee did offer a Cavanagh Edge hat, called the Edgelee.

Brad

KevKaos59

Familiar Face
KevKaos59 said:

Well, you live and you learn. This reworked western that we talked about last week showed up in the mail today. No offense intended to the gentleman that did the convert ion, but I think I may be offering it for sale. It is a really beautiful hat, but it doesn't work for me and my long and relatively skinny face. :( The front of the crown is a good 2" to 3" to tall for me.

It really is a nice hat. Wonderful feel to the 5x felt. I love the color, the pinch front and the teardrop crown. I don't guess there is a way th rebash it wit a pinch/teardrop, and knocking the crown height down a few inches is there?

KevKaos59 said:
...The front of the crown is a good 2" to 3" to tall for me.

It really is a nice hat. Wonderful feel to the 5x felt. I love the color, the pinch front and the teardrop crown. I don't guess there is a way th rebash it wit a pinch/teardrop, and knocking the crown height down a few inches is there?
Sure there is. That felt can handle recreasing over & over as long as you don't do really tight pinches. Get a spray bottle, fill with distilled water, soak the crown & shape away. Take out the liner if you can. You'll probably need to do an inner teardrop adjustment as well to keep high enough on the inside.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm still incredibly happy about my victory, in the money brought in by the sweater I found at an estate sale. I've had similar offers on the jeans I've listed. Click my signature for the link to the Classifieds, and then see the auctions.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe