Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
buler said:
Those would have been so cool to have. Hope someone here got them and will share all the detail!

B

I made a run at it, but fell short...:(

I'm with you, though -- I hope someone here got them and will share what they find!

Cheers,
JtL

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
buler said:
Those would have been so cool to have. Hope someone here got them and will share all the detail!

B

Will do. I used to do matting/framing of historical documents, so these will get special treatment.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
They're usually offered here first, but they have come up now and then. That's a fantastic price on a great hat. :eusa_clap

Artie

Suspended
To people in the know Art Fawcetts hats are legendary, but I think a lot of casual ebayers are only interested in the more broadly recognizable, i.e Stetson Whippets.

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
"cheap" whippet

Artie said:
Wow, is the Whippet craze over, this one went pretty cheap considering how most of them have been going over 300 lately.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140379663960&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I think the price is a reflection of the non-whippet like bash and an apparently narrow brim. Something seemed amiss but probably just an optical illusion...I bid on it but lost it to a last second snipe. I regret not bidding higher but already have two whippets in the kennel.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Lloyd said:
I am quite pleased with myself (pats self on back):)
And I was positive this would go for a lot more than it did.
Wow, congrats. Wish I'd spotted that one!

That is a perfect example of a hat that would have commanded
a much higher price in the Classifieds section here than it did on eBay!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I won a lot of three for the gray hat pictured below. It also came with a nice (but small) black fedora from the same time period, and a '60s dobbs.

p3020019_1264969473.jpg

p3020005_1264971560.jpg

p3020001_1264971569.jpg

p3020003_1264971564.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marco21