Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Cervo, 7 1/8
bddf_12.JPG
bfd5_12.JPG

billyspew

One Too Many
DoctorJ said:
I reigned supreme for five days with the bid at $24.00 on this one, until the last few minutes when someone (I know it was one of you!!) tried to overthrow me.... but I sniped it back. :p Hey, Something had to go right for me this weekend.

243363894_tp.jpg
243364303_tp.jpg

I bid on it early on but was not sure what damage had been caused by the two pins. I'm sure i'll turn out well though.

Bill

MattJH

One Too Many
I was watching that one but totally forgot it was ending today. It's all well and good, probably, as thin ribbons don't work on me.

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
billyspew said:
I bid on it early on but was not sure what damage had been caused by the two pins. I'm sure i'll turn out well though.

Bill

Oh heck, I plan on throwing the hat away--It's those glorious feathers and pins that I was really after!

carter

I'll Lock Up
The auction closed with no bids so I contacted the seller and he relisted this Oklahoma Hatters 20X silverbelly with grey brim binding and 1 1/2" ribbon as BIN @$75.00. 4 3/4" at the front crease and 3 1/4" brim. I snapped it up.
5a52_1.JPG

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Nice score Carter....

and now after reviewing some of the other scores I understand why I am loosing......you guys get them....lol

billyspew

One Too Many
carter said:
The auction closed with no bids so I contacted the seller and he relisted this Oklahoma Hatters 20X silverbelly with grey brim binding and 1 1/2" ribbon as BIN @$75.00. 4 3/4" at the front crease and 3 1/4" brim. I snapped it up.
5a52_1.JPG

That's a beauty. I'd love to see a close-up of the ribbon work when you get it.

Bill

kiltie

Practically Family
HarpPlayerGene said:
Don't you dare hide that thing when it arrives without us first seeing it on you there, Cap'n. ;)

{For what it's worth, since I was a toddler watching "Hogan's Heroes" I have always wanted a WWII Crusher, so I kinda' get where you were coming from on this number...}

Okey-doke:
You asked for it Gene. Some of you may or may not have seen this baby on Ebay a week or so ago. After you finish marveling at the pictures, try to contain your envy. Don't post nasty comments out of your petty jealousy. Enjoy!!!

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0102-1.jpg
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/safdkiltie/IMG_0107.jpg

No markings inside other than "Marshal Fields Chicago". It's actually pretty quality, and the "scrambled eggs" show some pretty intricate work, up close; heavy stuff. This is gonna kill on the lake this year lol .

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Bolt- look one page back.

Kiltie - check out Marc in the "what are you wearing today" thread. The two of you could start a little cap and pipe club.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe