Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dumb question, what the hell is a flying tog?

Doctor Death

New in Town
I got a new Beck horsehide jacket from Legendary USA, called the 777. It's got a label on it "Northeaster Flying Togs". The first time I've ever heard of a flying tog. What exactly is a flying tog? I've searched on the internet, but only get stupid results, like articles about dogs flying on planes or that a tog is a measure of thermal insulance of a unit area, whatever the hell that means.

The question is really starting to bug me. Sort of like when I wondered what exactly is a "canuck" (Vancouver Canucks hockey team). I never did find out what the hell a canuck is, though I've been a hockey fan since 1983. (Not a Canucks fan, obviously, or I'd probably know what a canuck is.) Hope somebody on here can tell me what is a flying tog. And if you can explain what a canuck is too, that would be bonus points!

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
tog means clothes or perhaps outfit

like for example:
leather togs

this is what I found
What is tog in British English?

CLOTHES

tog noun (CLOTHES)

clothes: Get your togs on, love, then we can go. to dress yourself in clothes that are specially for a particular occasion or activity: We got (ourselves) togged up in walking gear for the hike.

canucks if I'm not mistaken is a slang for Canadians people from canada

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remytwotimes