Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone make a short jacket (B2 length or touch longer for example) leather outside sheepskin lined inside like an aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer?

deeds

New in Town
Does anyone make a short jacket (B2 length or touch longer for example) full leather outside sheepskin lined inside like an aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer?

I’m not very tall so shorter jackets look better on me. I know there’s the b3 b6 etc but there aren’t leather outer

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Does anyone make a short jacket (B2 length or touch longer for example) full leather outside sheepskin lined inside like an aero Shawl Collar Barnstormer?

I’m not very tall so shorter jackets look better on me. I know there’s the b3 b6 etc but there aren’t leather outer
What makes you think it's not leather on the outside? Of course it is.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Aero would be a good port of call here because they can do a shearling lining option for many of the half belts and Highwayman.

What makes you think it's not leather on the outside? Of course it is.

I think he means a rugged leather on the outside like steer, horse, goat.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up
Yes, I think he wants sheepskin as lining.
Presumably that's exactly what it is. The reason for this request seems to be the assumption that the outside is not "real" leather. His definition of "real" will probably be HH or Steer and then of course the only option is to line the jacket.

Edit:
Incidentally, from my own experience I cannot recommend the combination of CXFQHH and shearling lining. Too thick, too stiff, simply not practical. And if it is practical, then it has to be significantly larger and then looks disproportionate again. A real shearling is so much more comfortable.
If it were, then the shearling would have to be shortened to a maximum of 3-5 mm.

Last edited:

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Spot on. With a shearling lining you have two layers of leather on you, plus fur. Shearling lining must be short in order not to look like Michelin Man. Which is not stopping me from thinking about replacing a nylon "fur lining" in one of my budget N-1 deck jackets with repurposed shearling from an old shearling coat that holds sentimental value to me. I would not wear that shearling coat, but an N-1 with a lining made from it, sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cossack