Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you wear hats because you're balding?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I was into hats long before I began balding. I have been wearing them in the winter pretty regularly since I stopped with my previously standard hooded parkas in the early 80s. And I have always sunburned extremely easily, so I have generally worn panamas in the summer too.

griffer

Practically Family
At an outside holiday party- strangely warm that night for a Jersey December- I wore my hat all night.

Towards the end of the evening, I took it off as the party drifted inside.

A women, emboldened by spirits, exclaimed loudly, "Wow, I thought you wore that hat 'cause you were BALD, but you have GREAT hair!"

Ha.

Helps that my barber gives me a hair cut specifically designed to avoid hat head...

duggap

Banned
Nope

Still got my locks. I started wearing hats because the doctor told me too. Wearing fedoras was my own idea and now that I have started I don't intend to stop. Just like wearing hats.:)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
Uh no. Plenty of hair on top. It might be getting gray but there's still plenty. The hat protects it from hair thieves. :p ;)

regards,

J

The Hair Thieves that come in the night and steal your hair they will...

Why do you think lil old ladies wear hair nets.

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Oh and by the way...

I love my sexy bald head... I believe my girlfriend does too (Well I hope she does kiss it from time to time.)

I just really like to wear hats too.. As you can see inside I'm hatless and a bit drunk in the picture.

CrapsTable.jpg

Zig2k143

Practically Family
griffer said:
'Cause it looks hawt?

Lol.... and I always thought it was for the hair theives... As Eddie Izzard says when they get to a certain age all they buy at the grocery store are hair nets and dog food.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Here's Another Reason

I am a gal and not going bald, though my hair has thinned from when I was a young woman. I wear fedoras because I love them and also for protection, for two reasons:

I don't want to damage my skin and get skin cancer.

I don't want to damage my skin and have thousands of wrinkles. I know women my age who were sun worshippers when they were young -- and now, face-wise, they resemble Sharpei dogs.

From the time I was in college, I wore a gardner's hat for sun protection; worked long, hard hours on school playgrounds in the summer as a recreation director. I am 64 years old and can pass for someone in my early 50's.

How's that for skin protection!?

karol

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
K.D. Lightner said:
I am a gal and not going bald, though my hair has thinned from when I was a young woman. I wear fedoras because I love them and also for protection, for two reasons:

I don't want to damage my skin and get skin cancer.

I don't want to damage my skin and have thousands of wrinkles. I know women my age who were sun worshippers when they were young -- and now, face-wise, they resemble Sharpei dogs.

From the time I was in college, I wore a gardner's hat for sun protection; worked long, hard hours on school playgrounds in the summer as a recreation director. I am 64 years old and can pass for someone in my early 50's.

How's that for skin protection!?

karol
YOU GO GIRL !!!!!!!
I'm Lucky to be married to a hat loving, red headed Girl (4 years younger than you) who Still has great skin.
Me, Full head of hair. I just like the look........

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nope

I was wearing hats way back when I had hair.
I'm the one with the hat
DSCN4357.jpg

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely not. For decades I went bare headed during working hours. I've actually worn hats of any type for warmth, shade, rain protection, or eye protection provided by a visor, brim or bill. :fedora:

Zig2k143 said:
The Hair Thieves that come in the night and steal your hair they will...

Why do you think lil old ladies wear hair nets.

They will and they don't leave money under your pillow either---the no good rats. :rage: :p
Hair nets actually catch them at their crime. Many an old lady has had to wake up in the morning and release the hair thieves. They lead you to their pot of gold if you catch them this way. It helps to supplement old ladies' retirements so it makes sense to use a hair net. :p ;)

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe