Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you have a crush?

pgoat

One Too Many
If there's one thing Melrose Place* taught me.....

deadpandiva said:
With it being Valentine's Day and all I was thinking I might start being more flirtatious in general but I don't really know how. I am overly self conscious so if anyone has tips on flirting and being alluring in general please share.

Also I have a mild crush on a guy who is much more attractive than I. My sister says no one is out of your league. I am wondering if other people think this way or if they tend to seek out some one who is equal to them in looks, intelligence etc...

....is that there IS NO dating caste system....you either hit it off or you don't. It can be intimidating sometimes, but you have to forget that stuff. Life's too short!

*How else could Amanda have dated Dr. Peter Burns AND Billy (And Jake, and Michael, and.....

pgoat

One Too Many
Jovan said:
Funny, independent women steal my heart away...
you & ME both, buddy!:D

she's real cute! I've never heard of her (which is a sure sign she is probably an 'it' girl - me being well out of touch...)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a new crush on the woman who plays Starbuck on the recent (i.e. non-1970s) Battlestar Galactica. My goodness. She is .... words fail me.

Jovan

Suspended
pgoat said:
you & ME both, buddy!:D

she's real cute! I've never heard of her (which is a sure sign she is probably an 'it' girl - me being well out of touch...)
Hardly. She's been a few minor characters in films and TV that happen to shoot in Canada and a couple of TV ads. Nothing that big. If she makes it to the bigtime, it's well deserved however. Just take a look at her goofing around on her YouTube page. (Warning, some butt nudity.)

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
Doran said:
I have a new crush on the woman who plays Starbuck on the recent (i.e. non-1970s) Battlestar Galactica. My goodness. She is .... words fail me.

lol My son got me watching that show with him last year or so. He said, "Dad, its a cool storyline. There are these cylons ..."

I had to explain that I saw the old Lorne Greene version of the series years ago and that I don't really need to... "Who's the blonde chick?" He told me it was one of the cylons. Tricia something-or-other. I don't know what happened to the robot guys with the pulsating red lights ... and I don't care! This was a much better direction to take the show. :D

Starbuck does nothing for me. She looks far too sloppy and psychotic for my tastes.

Richard

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
pgoat said:
*How else could Amanda have dated Dr. Peter Burns AND Billy (And Jake, and Michael, and.....

Alright. Something just flew over my head. I think it was an outdated reference, or something I should know but don't. I'm lost. The only Burns I know is Montgomery. ;)

Richard

pgoat

One Too Many
LocktownDog said:
Alright. Something just flew over my head. I think it was an outdated reference, or something I should know but don't. I'm lost. The only Burns I know is Montgomery. ;)

Richard
the wife and my sister used to watch this back in the 90s, while I rolled my eyes and ran screaming in disgust from the room....

Now that I'm an old fart and have nothing better to do with my saturday mornings, we faithfully watch 2 sequential epsiodes/week......the Soap Channel also runs Melrose Place daily (albiet at an older point in the series)...quite the guilty lil pleasure.

Ironically, Heather Locklear, who played Amanda (and in real life was previously married to Tommy Lee of Motley Crue and Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi), has now supposedly hooked up with Jack Wagner (who played one of her love interests - Dr. Peter Burns - on MP.....he also, I believe, was on General Hospital, and definitely had at least one-hit wonder status as a singer in the 80s.....)

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
My new crush is a teacher (again) lol!!! I had an important report to do in front of all the class.... I totally failed........ I looked so dumb!!! I couldn't say something/anything intelligent or understandable....... I'm sooo ashamedhttp://www.thefedoralounge.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
:(!! Why does it always happen to me? from a very sad and ashamed Penny....

Jovan

Suspended
LocktownDog said:
Starbuck does nothing for me. She looks far too sloppy and psychotic for my tastes.
battlestar-galactica-20070619015848280.jpg

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
pennycarrol said:
My new crush is a teacher (again) lol!!! I had an important report to do in front of all the class.... I totally failed........ I looked so dumb!!! I couldn't say something/anything intelligent or understandable....... I'm sooo ashamedhttp://www.thefedoralounge.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
If I was anywhere near you I'd give you a hug. I have no words of wisdom unfortunately.

Story

I'll Lock Up
pennycarrol said:

Take a deep breath and get back in the saddle, girl - tomorrow is another day. ;)

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Thanks Story!!!!!!!! I know that tomorrow is another day and that everything will be okay...... But I'm still bad and ashamed lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked so dumb
:p lol lol lool!!!!!!!!!! Come on Penny lol lol lol lol!!!! There are billion of people who are really suffering, in trouble... I must be happy!! My health is good, my family is okay!!!! I can't complain (hope it is the correct word!!!!)!!

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
In the show, Jovan my boy. Although she still doesn't do much for me outside of it either.
new-starbuck--700102.jpg

And the alien cylon? Makes me wanna go into space ... immediately. :D
battlestar-galactica-20070118014017592.jpg

pgoat

One Too Many
pennycarrol said:
Thanks Story!!!!!!!! I know that tomorrow is another day and that everything will be okay...... But I'm still bad and ashamed lol!!!!!!!!!!!!! I looked so dumb
:p lol lol lool!!!!!!!!!! Come on Penny lol lol lol lol!!!! There are billion of people who are really suffering, in trouble... I must be happy!! My health is good, my family is okay!!!! I can't complain (hope it is the correct word!!!!)!!
Oh, la la, Penny - you are right to be thankful for those more important things. don't worry so much about things like school. Besides, you probably did NOT look nearly as bad as you think. I bet you did just fine. If you tried and did your best, that is all that counts. If you made mistakes, maybe you can learn from them and next time I'll bet you do even better.:)

Edward

Bartender
deadpandiva said:
My sister says no one is out of your league. I am wondering if other people think this way or if they tend to seek out some one who is equal to them in looks, intelligence etc...

A lot of folks look at it that way. Personally, I agree with your sister. The concept of "oh no, they're out of my league" is not only reflective of a lack of self-confidence, but quite frankly rather insulting to anyone whom you do try to win over and have a relationship. So it seems to me, anyhow.

going off at a tangent, it's a rare person who is genuinely ugly, though the ugliest people I've ever met have been ugly in personality rather than physicality. Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder...

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Edward said:
going off at a tangent, it's a rare person who is genuinely ugly, though the ugliest people I've ever met have been ugly in personality rather than physicality. Beauty is very much in the eye of the beholder...

Wise words that I agree with 100%. What makes a person ugly is their personality, not their physical looks. Personality is so much more important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe