Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do Goatskin Jackets Mold to the Body like Horsehide?

Edward

Bartender
Alright so these aren't great, but I kinda suck at selfies. Hopefully gives you guys an idea...

Fit looks bang on to me.

Glad it's not too big. I am coming around to the idea of a purely practical jacket that I can fit like two sweaters under if need be. My RMC J-100 size 40 can fit like a thin cashmere or something, feels best just with a tee... but this guy has some usable roominess.

In another vein, if anyone noticed the crease on the right side of the chest (picture left)... that's a storage crease, as this is a NOS RMC NZ, meaning it was probably folded since like 2015 when NZ shuttered their workspace, or possibly even earlier. The outer leather has creased against the inner leather edge lining that it was folded against and over. Anyone have any ideas about how to best get those out? There are some creases on the arms too, but I figure those will work themselves out naturally...

I didn't notice that at all in the photos, fwiw. I'd just wear it and let it fall out naturally. Anything that might accelerate the process I suspect could be as likely to just do damage. When you think about what the original USN jackets went through in wartime, I suspect a crease or two like that is the least of what they saw.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrgorve