Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DEATHS ; Notable Passings; The Thread to Pay Last Respects

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Apollo 8 astronaute, Maj. Gen. William Anders, was killed in a plane crash,(he was piloting) he was 90 years old.
Probably best known for having taken the most iconic photo of the Earth ('Earthrise') whilst orbiting the Moon.

1717825582321.png

1717825703719.png

RIP to the late, great Willie Mays, a favorite growing up and one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. Ninety-three is some pretty good innings.

The very first Big League game I ever saw was at Crosley Field on September 29, 1968 - Giants vs. Reds. Below I've posted the box score. I still can't believe I saw that many Hall of Famers at my first game!

Box Score.png

Last edited:

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...rdinary-people-hunger-games-actor-1235928023/

M*A*S*H, Animal House, Klute, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Dirty Dozen, and on and on.

I hope you enjoy eternity drinking wine, eating cheese, and catching some rays.

View attachment 622228
"The Eagle has Landed" was my introduction to Sutherland when I was only small. My siblings and I always exclaimed, "That's the Irish guy!" whenever he showed up in other movies (as he did often). I think by the third or fourth viewing of "The Dirty Dozen" I finally learned his name.

RIP Mr. Devlin.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Donald Sutherland was a fine actor, but for all his flashier performances, it's his more quiet, introverted roles that I find even more interesting: Ordinary People, Pride & Prejudice...

I'm not sure if it's available to view anywhere now, but I recall him being excellent in a 1980s TV movie adaptation of Steinbeck's The Winter of Our Discontent.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth