Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cute Vintage-y Shoes

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Cherry_Bombb said:

I ordered these shoes in a size 9, regular width, in black. They are too narrow for me and they don't have my size in a 9 wide, so I can't exchange them for another size.

If anyone would like to purchase these shoes from me, I would sell them for the $29.99 price that I paid for them, plus shipping. PM me if you are interested. If not, I'm going to return them. Thanks!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
sixsexsix said:
oh also! asking for the european size is usually the easiest way, since these numbers are across the board and usually available on uk & us shoes/boxes

Yes definitely, I take a size 8UK and it varys between a US 10 and US 11 depending on brand. That chart you linked says 10.5, which makes sense really, and you can't often get 10.5s so I tend to just buy 11s, since it is easier to put an insole in to make it fit better than try to strecth out a shoe.

Of course buying in European sizes doesn't always make things easier, since some brands call an 8 a 41, and some, it's a 42. [huh] :mad:

Ms. McGraw

One of the Regulars
I hope I am correct in my thinking, but I figured this would be a better place to post a follow up on something I posted earlier in the "Show us your purchases" thread.
As some of you may know, I recently purchase these from Bear Flag Republic:
shoes.jpg

Upon receipt of them I discovered the size I ordered was just a touch too big, so I called the store to discuss an exchange. Much to my surprise and delight, their staff was so friendly and polite! I had no problems working out an exchange and they kept in contact throughout the process to let me know they had received the shoes back and mailed out the other pair!
The shoes themselves are very comfortable and seem to be well made and I think they were very reasonably priced at $99.99 plus shipping. I'm trying to do some creative budgeting so I can afford to order the black pair too.
I had such a positive experience and am so pleased with the shoes I thought I'd share. Their web site is:http://estore.websitepros.com/1667212/Categories.bok?category=Fashions%3AWomens+shoes

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Ms. McGraw said:
I hope I am correct in my thinking, but I figured this would be a better place to post a follow up on something I posted earlier in the "Show us your purchases" thread.
As some of you may know, I recently purchase these from Bear Flag Republic:
shoes.jpg

Upon receipt of them I discovered the size I ordered was just a touch too big, so I called the store to discuss an exchange. Much to my surprise and delight, their staff was so friendly and polite! I had no problems working out an exchange and they kept in contact throughout the process to let me know they had received the shoes back and mailed out the other pair!
The shoes themselves are very comfortable and seem to be well made and I think they were very reasonably priced at $99.99 plus shipping. I'm trying to do some creative budgeting so I can afford to order the black pair too.
I had such a positive experience and am so pleased with the shoes I thought I'd share. Their web site is:http://estore.websitepros.com/1667212/Categories.bok?category=Fashions%3AWomens+shoes

Glad to hear you had such a good experience!

These look just like the ReMix gloria wedgies. I have the white pair, and would LOVE a red pair. These are cheaper than ReMix too. and I really want those other ones with the ankle strap! The only thing about these shoes...when I got dancing in them, I am always kicking off my bows!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
kamikat said:
Look what I found at JC Penny. They also come in black and green. I wish I could afford them right now.
0900631b813e1a2dM.tif

Kamikat, thank you SO MUCH for posting about these. I decided I needed to treat myself to a pair in black!

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
BegintheBeguine said:
Remember www.endless.com? I ordered these in my size yester-day for $14.98 and they arrived to-day, along with a gift box of Godiva chocolates in the package! They look like shoes I saw the gals wearing in my dad's photographs from the 1940s and are so comfortable. http://www.endless.com/dp/B000UATCUE

I remember them!
I got the bet shoes on their last summer, for like 15 bucks!

Remember it was like all anyone could talk about last summer on here :) the negative free shipping!?!?!

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I really love the look of the natural comfort shoes. Does any one have a pair?

I am thinking of getting this pair.
shoes_iaec1017057.jpg

Thay have a pair I am inlove with but they are 3 x as much.

The Shirt

Practically Family
I really love the look of the natural comfort shoes.
I looked that brand up and they're fantastic. Those look like they would be perfect for walking around Vegas for 4 days straight. I think the cussion looks like it would be comfy and the platform style makes the heel height not so bad.

Moodle

New in Town
deadpandiva said:
I really love the look of the natural comfort shoes. Does any one have a pair?

I am thinking of getting this pair.
shoes_iaec1017057.jpg

Thay have a pair I am inlove with but they are 3 x as much.

I have ones almost identical to those (t-strap, but the front looks exactly the same), and I love them. I haven't worn them for an extended session because it's still too cold, but my impression of them so far (having worn them out to dinner a few times, and around my house for stretches of "oooh, preeeetty!") is that while the material over the toes will need a little breaking in, they're *ridiculously* comfortable. I'd go up at least half a size if/when you get them--the sole is very padded (hence the comfort), and it tends to bulk up the shoe a little. I usually wear an 8.5, and a 9 fits me perfectly.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I was so excited when I went to JCPenney tonight. I originally wanted the polka dot pumps that KamiKat posted about last week, but when I tried them on, they just weren't very comfortable. But then I spotted these and had to have them! (and when I wore them for hubby, even he approved!)

shoes_mudd.jpg

Cherry_Bombb

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
New T.U.K. Shoes!

6219-602735-p.jpg

:eek:

I do love the T.U.K. styles, but even with light wear they don't last very long. I've had about 3 pair of different T.U.K. styles (heels, boots, flats) and they all lasted about 6 months. It's not the soles- the soles are great. It's the construction of the upper part of the shoes. They tend to have 2-4 layers and they aren't glued together well. The upper layer tends to separate itself from the other layers, blister and then peel.

They're adorable shoes, but they don't last long enough for the price. IMO

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I got them in black, though I wanted them in brown. I have this pair of David Aaron shoes I've totally worn out from wearing them every time I wanted a cute pair of loafers in the winter/fall, so if these can sub in I'd be thrilled! Worried about that 4 inch heel though. It's a platform so hopefully will be ok. I shall report back.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Help!

I want to wear something different to the 1920s party this year.
This is what I wore last year:
l_6bf5daeb2a49d251023ccae66fb463ef.jpg

I have a 20s pattern and two cream colored cloche hats that are screaming for me to wear them. So the dress and the hat, no problem. The shoes create the problem. I had bookmarked a pair of cream colored oxfords a while ago. Unfortunately they no longer exist. Anyone know of any affordable cream or neutral colored oxfords anywhere? (Affordable for me means <$50.)

Here's an example (but they don't have to look exactly like this):
42834.jpg

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks Snookie! I bet I could make those work! You rock!

I have those Aris Allen's. Verrrry comfortable if you're going to be dancing... there's so much cushioning in that shoe's it's unbelievable :)

The only word of warning is that you'll probably want to change the laces on those shoes. If I recall, the ones I got with them were really thick and overly long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe