Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy Boots

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
My original pair started at the back of the line so to speak, which is why it took two months compared to the 2-3 weeks they quoted you. Maybe they were already working on some pairs in your size?

The yellow you posted isn't bad. I'm not a fan of the rainbow thread though. Mine should be brown or gray...I hope. The first pair was.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
My original pair started at the back of the line so to speak, which is why it took two months compared to the 2-3 weeks they quoted you. Maybe they were already working on some pairs in your size?

The yellow you posted isn't bad. I'm not a fan of the rainbow thread though. Mine should be brown or gray...I hope. The first pair was.

Yeah , Art said they were working on 10 & 10.5 D in Royal Blue & Bright Yellow . He said that was the most common size requested . I hope you get the Boots you Ordered exactly , the first looked great to me , I guess the vamp was darker than you ordered ? Mine are Chocolate Brown so I figure they'll be dark Brown , I'm used to lighter , but its okay with me . The Blue had Black Vamps . If I had thought I would have just waited for the Tan , I just thought they were muted yellow , I asked something about it to Art . He seemed confused , I said a guy in Wyoming Ordered them , he said what's his name ? I didn't know , of course .

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
According to Art, the boots I originally received and posted a photo of are tan on dark/ chocolate brown. It doesn't look brown to me, but that's what they say it is. If you really want the tan, you could always call back and ask if you could wait on it. I'm sure they'd do that, especially if they were already making the yellow ones anyway.

I figure I'll be stuck with whatever they send me this time. Art sent me photos of the leather they're planning to use, and it looks okay. We didn't discuss stitching, but the originals had gray. By that measure the new ones should as well, since it's on the original ticket. I hope so.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
According to Art, the boots I originally received and posted a photo of are tan on dark/ chocolate brown. It doesn't look brown to me, but that's what they say it is. If you really want the tan, you could always call back and ask if you could wait on it. I'm sure they'd do that, especially if they were already making the yellow ones anyway.

I figure I'll be stuck with whatever they send me this time. Art sent me photos of the leather they're planning to use, and it looks okay. We didn't discuss stitching, but the originals had gray. By that measure the new ones should as well, since it's on the original ticket. I hope so.

Good Idea ! I really don't mind waiting . I should have asked for a picture , too . Thanks 56FG !

I called , they had closed , but I asked if he would email me a picture of the color , and told him I didn't mind waiting for Tan tops . We'll see if he responds .

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
56FG , I called again , and got Art . He's changing the Order , plus is sending me a sample of the leather . I saw the Metallic Yellow on Instagram , BOY ! It was BRIGHT ! Too Bright for me , plus I asked him about the Boots on eBay , commissioned by Paul Bond Boots and made by the Mexican outfit that makes Lucchese Boots . He even knew I bought a Tee-Shirt off their eBay site , the same place . He said they had so many they were dumping them half price , free shipping . Thanks for helping me out 56FG . Since Tuesday , Wednesday , Thursday , and really today I'm not super , but I think i'm getting better . I asked about the vamp , but he said there were 3 , Black , Chocolate Brown , and a Medium Brown , but there was something about the Medium Brown he didn't recommend (Probably not their regular Waxed Calf they normally use) . He said use Mink Oil on the Waxed Calf though . Also Art said he'd sent me an update on my Order through email .

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
My understanding of the three colors is that they're all made from the same leather. The color is kind of a side affect of the waxing process, the more wax they work into it and the deeper the wax penetrates, the darker the color becomes. The medium brown has the least amount of wax worked into it because otherwise it would end up darker.

Knowing that, medium brown may be a terrible choice for me to actually work in. I guess if it is, I can always use a leather wax or work polish or something into it...or they may collapse in six months and leave me holding the short straw. Time will tell.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
The story of those commissioned boots just gets stranger & stranger.

No that was the short sleeve Tee-Shirts , $15 , Free Shipping , there on the eBay site sold by paulbondb (I think that's the seller , but its Paul Bond Boots , Art knew I Ordered one) , I think they just have 9-10 pair of Boots Left , made in South Mexico where Lucchese Boots are Made to PBBoots specs .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
My understanding of the three colors is that they're all made from the same leather. The color is kind of a side affect of the waxing process, the more wax they work into it and the deeper the wax penetrates, the darker the color becomes. The medium brown has the least amount of wax worked into it because otherwise it would end up darker.

Knowing that, medium brown may be a terrible choice for me to actually work in. I guess if it is, I can always use a leather wax or work polish or something into it...or they may collapse in six months and leave me holding the short straw. Time will tell.

I asked , Art said use Mink Oil , if you use like leather conditioner , or something he said the wax may be penetrated and the rough out will or may come out . I asked how do you care for waxed calf ? 56FG if you've stepped in half as much mess as I have I feel sorry for you . I wear Rubber Boots when its super bad , but sometimes you can't help it . Keep some at the barns , a pair or two in the truck , hauling manure is extra special , never know what might happen . (accidentally , or on purpose) . I bet they'll be fine . We used to do something with Crisco I think to our Boots to water proof , plus (I think) . Crisco or diesel , I think .Diesel stunk . I'm sure there was better stuff . Crisco and Coal Oil have 1001 uses .

I got my updated Order and had to confirm that I received it .

Last edited:

56FordGuy

One of the Regulars
Yeah, if I know it's going to be bad I've got a couple of pair of rubber boots. On days that start dry and get rainy, or the cows stomp the corrals into a kid out there's just not much you can do about it though.

No that was the short sleeve Tee-Shirts , $15 , Free Shipping , there on the eBay site sold by paulbondb (I think that's the seller , but its Paul Bond Boots , Art knew I Ordered one) , I think they just have 9-10 pair of Boots Left , made in South Mexico where Lucchese Boots are Made to PBBoots specs .
Thanks for the correction; I misunderstood. If you look closely at the listing for the commissioned boots up by the order quantity box it shows only 8 pair out of all those sizes & colors available. Yet when you count the quantities by size in the brackets you come up with more than 8 pair. They didn't have the green top in my size & with the "no returns" policy on these commissioned boots, I decided to just stay away.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the correction; I misunderstood. If you look closely at the listing for the commissioned boots up by the order quantity box it shows only 8 pair out of all those sizes & colors available. Yet when you count the quantities by size in the brackets you come up with more than 8 pair. They didn't have the green top in my size & with the "no returns" policy on these commissioned boots, I decided to just stay away.

Art said if you saw the Original next to these and wore them you'd be able to tell a big difference . I said I might buy a pair after I get the Order with my right size , I know I'll have to send the first back to be resoled eventually . I think the Tee-Shirt thing is like Advertising , like buying a cap with Tractor Supply on it , paying to advertise for them . I get free caps from the grain elevators , and field scouts , seed co , made better , and look better . Paul Bond was a Rodeo Champion in 1957 , I think , Bronc Rider . That's a picture of him on the Tee-Shirt . Yeah it looks like they haven't sold many , but ... I was contacting them to see what size I would wear "recommended" , but Art is a SALESMAN ! He could sell refrigerators to Eskimos ! How would he remember I ordered a Tee-Shirt off the Bay ? I guess he sees the name and address , but he's busy !

SurfGent

Suspended
KIMG0062.jpg

SurfGent

Suspended
I thought I saw those somewhere . How did you find out they had belonged to a Biker Gang Member ?
The gentleman's family was there along with the lady handling the estate sale and the other items in the house made it very clear, also I grew up down the street from this particular home and family and though I didn't know them directly everyone in the neighborhood knew who lived there.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
The gentleman's family was there along with the lady handling the estate sale and the other items in the house made it very clear, also I grew up down the street from this particular home and family and though I didn't know them directly everyone in the neighborhood knew who lived there.

I thought I spotted those Double H Boots on an Estate Sale Site , that's pretty amazing ! Sorry for their Loss .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe