Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Which is pretty close to the original fit size 46. I wonder why RMC didn't simply copy the original pattern. It's not like the original was extremely short with wide shoulders and bulky sleeves like a lot of other early 50s MC jackets.

View attachment 635941 View attachment 635940

Where Buzz Rickson's and the original RMC that went out of business do seek to reproduce original patterns, the current RMC tries to adapt the look to a skinny-fit aesthetic–or did for the longest time–the new pattern indicates a step away not least because skinny fit has been out of fashion for years now.

Team_Feisar

New in Town
Fun little Update, I decided to give the 44 a try as all the "new fit" measurments indicated that it should work.

Well, the Jacket came with a broken main zip and can't be opened at all, so it remains a mystery .

(maybe it's fixable, but I'm not willing to take this gamble with a jacket in that price range)

Attachments

• IMG_20240831_171518.jpg
    IMG_20240831_171518.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 22

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
If you can return return it. This is very unfortunate. That zipper tape is shot, the more you try to fix it the worst it will tear apart, I’ve failed many times.

its always the smallest part that fails, and brings down the whole ship…

mumpy

A-List Customer
Fun little Update, I decided to give the 44 a try as all the "new fit" measurments indicated that it should work.

Well, the Jacket came with a broken main zip and can't be opened at all, so it remains a mystery .

(maybe it's fixable, but I'm not willing to take this gamble with a jacket in that price range)
Typical RMC quality zipper. Buy something else mate, not worth the hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigdog42