Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic wide leg pants?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Miss Dottie said:
Oh and here are those pants I got off of eBay--ships ahoy!

sailorpants.jpg

They are so comfy. And I'm wearing them with my Remix shoes!

Those pants are too cute, but I can't help admiring your woodwork/built-in. Gorgeous! Do you live in a bungalow?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
I just saw some wide-legged trousers at Old Navy. I was excited until I saw the tag that said "ultra low rise". NO!

:mad:
Order them online. I got a pair of at the waist pants at Old Navy for $7 or $8. Turns out they were returned to the store from an online order. I don't think they sell these in the store. They fit wonderfully (I'm a highwaisted, wide-hipped gal). I just have to get them hemmed. They were tall length and they were too long for this 5'9"-er.

Also, check out Target.com...you can have jeans custom made to fit in the style you like.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Those pants are too cute, but I can't help admiring your woodwork/built-in. Gorgeous! Do you live in a bungalow?

Yes, I live in a charming old 1911 bungalow in Alameda, one of the cutest little towns in the Bay Area in California. Since it's built in 1911, the driveway will only fit a small model T, so we have to use our garage for storage.

My sweetie and I took a lot of pictures on our house, which we'll post sooner or later on one of those "show us where you live" threads--if we could find it again.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I am about to have a pair of these http://www.evadress.com/3322.html made by the same gal (laura) who sells the overalls and sailor pants on eBay (I am blanking on her seller ID right now.) I bought a pair of the overalls and was really pleased--she rush cut them and didn't even charge me the full amount for rush shipping either. The length was great (almost too long, and I have trouble finding long enough pants as well) and they otherwise fit perfectly without any pattern adjustments. When I receive the pants I will report back in this thread!

I received these pants yesterday and I absolutely love them! They fit perfectly, look smashing, and are comfortable to boot ;) The seller, Miss*Bombshell, was very accomodating and reasonably priced ($80 for the best fitting/flattering pants I have every owned.) I am so satisified with these (along with the overalls I ordered from her earlier) that I am having her make two more pairs of the pants, along with a custom outfit for a special event out here. I think I may pick up a pair of the sailor jeans that she makes (and Miss Dottie is wearing--too cute!) So, if you are looking for the perfect pant, these are it!

Pandora Pitstop

New in Town
I have about 10 pairs Of Vivien of Holloway trousers in vintage colours. The fabrics are all different in weight so some are more suited to winter and some for summer. I found they were ususally long and I have to wear heels with them (I am 5' 6"). I like them, very much and I tend to buy the size 12 and them move the top two buttons slightly to fit me perfectly. I have bought direct from her shop in Camden London, by post and at events like Hemsby and the Rhythm Riot. All in all I'm happy with them and they look fantastic teamed up with vintage style kint wear and original jackets from suits where the skirt has long since gone missing. Her busines is quite busy and it does take time for stock to get re-ordered hence the slow posting some times. Check out her MySpace profile - she's quite a character!

MissHuff

A-List Customer
Victoria Secret has these gorgeous Palazzo pants on sale at the moment. I have the winter white and just ordered up the black. I have been looking everywhere for wide legged pants and have only come up with lower-rised ones and found these pants sit perfectly at the waist. Now I can get my Katherine Hepburn on since it's gettin to be too cold for the skirts.

Eleanor Marie

One of the Regulars
Thanks

Fleur De Guerre said:
Actually, can't believe I forgot until now, but this lady was at the same show - http://www.customclothes.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=BF-LT - and hers seem very well made too, and obviously, again, made to order; and a little bit different. Rubbish website again though.

I know this message was al little bit ago but its really helpful. Thankyou

Eleanor Marie:)

SarahLouise

Practically Family
The high street shops here are full of wide legged trousers. I got a cute high waisted tweed pair the other week but am not sure what shoes to wear (my high heels just don't look right) - what do you gals wear with them? Wedges, flats, heels?

G

GoldLeaf

Was just wondering what you ladies thought of these? I gained some weight, and I am buying my new clothes with an eye toward vintage style. (after posting the link I realized they are on clearance, along with some cute suit jackets, just a FYI)

pantsme7.jpg

G

GoldLeaf

I am just trying to be a bit closer with my choices than ultra-low rise and ultra tight pants lol Not that I wore those before, but you know ;)

wowandflutter

New in Town
merci !

i haven't been posting much since joining, mostly lurking here and there...

but i wanted to thank all you gals for these grand wide-leg pant suggestions, i've been coveting some for so long ! i'm still deciding which
one's to get...

i went shopping at forever21, my guilty pleasure store, and found some cute sailor style pants, although i'm not sure if they're on the website catalog, there tends to be some discrepancy between the shop and the catalog. but if there's a location near any one of you, i recommend those, they had them in black with black or white button fronts.

anyhow ! i've also been wearing a couple of pairs of 1970s overalls that i obtained at various thrift-shops which have the appearance of being older with their fitted torso and wide-legged look. like so :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/wowandflutter/overalllllls.jpg

kind of a goofy picture.
i feel like some gal out on a dusty farm during the depression, though.
what do you guys think ? do they look somewhat authentic ?

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Thanks ladies! I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of these pants for a while now. I have found pairs on ebay but they haven't been in my size or I lost the auction. I especially like dancestore.com. Thanks again!

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
Thanks ladies! I've been trying to get my hands on a pair of these pants for a while now. I have found pairs on ebay but they haven't been in my size or I lost the auction. I especially like dancestore.com. Thanks again!

Ohhh, Pink Dahlia, have you actually gotten a pair from dancestore.com? I've been wondering about their pants. I know they are low rise and come unhemmed, so I've been wondering about the fit. At 5'3" I know I'll definitely have to hem them up quite a bit ;)

Or anyone else ever try them? They come in plain black and sailor pants, I think.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Shearer said:
Ohhh, Pink Dahlia, have you actually gotten a pair from dancestore.com? I've been wondering about their pants. I know they are low rise and come unhemmed, so I've been wondering about the fit. At 5'3" I know I'll definitely have to hem them up quite a bit ;)

Or anyone else ever try them? They come in plain black and sailor pants, I think.

No I haven't but knowing a place where I could get them in my size without having to fight for them is comforting! And I'm 5'4". I wonder if I would have the same problem.

Shearer

Practically Family
Pink Dahlia said:
No I haven't but knowing a place where I could get them in my size without having to fight for them is comforting! And I'm 5'4". I wonder if I would have the same problem.

Yeah, I know. They had a ton of really cute sailors and wide leg pants at Anthopologie last week, but you know.... I didn't really feel like spending $130 bucks on em ;) I'd rather spend $35 at dancestore and then find out I'm too short to look good in them :D

Thanks!

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Okay so the Dance Store pants are low rise. Boo!

But it's okay because I bought these Metro Style ones:

0822_53529_mm.jpg

They are on clearance for $9.99! $10 Club! Can't beat that! I got apricot and green multi (which after looking at a larger photo I might send back as they look like fatigues).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld