Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Classic wide leg pants?

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I am about to have a pair of these http://www.evadress.com/3322.html made by the same gal (laura) who sells the overalls and sailor pants on eBay (I am blanking on her seller ID right now.) I bought a pair of the overalls and was really pleased--she rush cut them and didn't even charge me the full amount for rush shipping either. The length was great (almost too long, and I have trouble finding long enough pants as well) and they otherwise fit perfectly without any pattern adjustments. When I receive the pants I will report back in this thread!

~landgirl~

A-List Customer
jitterbugdoll said:
I am about to have a pair of these http://www.evadress.com/3322.html made by the same gal (laura) who sells the overalls and sailor pants on eBay (I am blanking on her seller ID right now.) I bought a pair of the overalls and was really pleased--she rush cut them and didn't even charge me the full amount for rush shipping either. The length was great (almost too long, and I have trouble finding long enough pants as well) and they otherwise fit perfectly without any pattern adjustments. When I receive the pants I will report back in this thread!

How much does she charge if you don't mind me asking?

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I believe she quoted me $80, with shipping. I was very pleased with the overalls--she uses a nice heavy denim--and I think I will be pleased with the trousers as well (she is open to fabric choices and definitely makes to suit your taste.)

Honey Doll

Practically Family
Chadwicks

Chadwicks has some nice wide-leg pants. I like there stuff to mix in for the office since much of it is machine washable, available in a lot of colors and reasonably priced.

Let me see.....

http://www.chadwicks.com/product.aspx?PfId=54619&DeptId=9700&producttypeid=1&PurchaseType=G

If you bump around their website searching "palazzo" pants you will find them in both crepe and wool, front zip and side zip. They have regular and petite sizes as well.

Honey Doll

BonnieJean

Practically Family
Honey Doll, thanks for the link. I haven't shopped at Chadwick's in a while. I never thought of searching for palazzo pants. No wonder I couldn't find anything by looking for "wide leg" pants.

Does anyone know what type of fabric would of been worn by ladies, say in the 40s, for pants? Herringbone, tweed, pinstripe or just solid colors?

CherryBombRock

Familiar Face
I bought some of Vivien of Holloways trousers last weekend at the Rhythm Riot (I could have bought everything on her stall - she had some really cute blouses, with and without collars, made out of the cutest fabric!). She had them in every colour under the sun but I chose quite a dark, slightly stiff denim and they fit perfectly. I know what people mean about the funny sizing, in her dresses I would be a size 14 because of my 28" waist but the trousers that fit best were the 12 (yay!).
http://pinstripeandpolka.com/ - is that the couple who she sells clothes and he does the shoes? They had a stand the the Riot as well - I think her trousers were eclispsed by Vivienne of Holloway as she just had so many - every lady seemed to have a pair! His shoes were AMAZING tho! He said he can make basically anything - with platforms, any colours, and combinations and detailing (he had some with the cutest teeny heart cut-outs!) - and all for £75 - bargain! I'm definatly going to get some before next years Riot - they look so comfy.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
jitterbugdoll said:

I just bought a pair of the sailor pants jeans and LOVE them from that eBay seller. Her eBay seller name is MissBombshell and I think her clothing is adorable! I'll post a picture of me in them when I upload the photos from my camera.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Oh and here are those pants I got off of eBay--ships ahoy!

sailorpants.jpg

They are so comfy. And I'm wearing them with my Remix shoes!

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
DimeADanceQueen said:
Those are smashing MD!!
Question.. Are those buttons functional, or is there a zipper hidden on them?

Oh no--they are completely ornamental. And there is a zipper on the side. It is a metal zipper and I must admit that the teeth bit every now and then, so be careful.

She offers this style in black with white buttons, but I think I will ask her to make them with a black plastic zipper if possible and just plain black seaming, for a more conservative look that I can wear to the office.

But I'm so happy with these pants! I highly recommend them!

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Babydoll said:
I just saw some wide-legged trousers at Old Navy. I was excited until I saw the tag that said "ultra low rise". NO!

:mad:
That's kind of the big problem for me as well for finding pants...everything seems to be low rise...the showing of the g-string must still be in:rolleyes:
Macy's has some good choices...I found a nice pair of wide-legged trousers that look absolutely incredible.

Rosie

One Too Many
Miss Dottie, you look great, your shoes look wonderful with those pants.

Off topic: Your cabinetry is beautiful! me likes lots.

For you plus sized ladies, 12 and up: Lane Bryant has a new pant called the Chelsea pant that has a wonderful vintage-y silouhette. They aren't very high waisted but, they are by no meams hip huggers. I'm naturally high waisted and wore a pair today. They were quite comfy.

Miss Dottie

Practically Family
Rosie said:
Off topic: Your cabinetry is beautiful! me likes lots.

For you plus sized ladies, 12 and up: Lane Bryant has a new pant called the Chelsea pant that has a wonderful vintage-y silouhette. They aren't very high waisted but, they are by no meams hip huggers. I'm naturally high waisted and wore a pair today. They were quite comfy.

Thanks for the comment on the cabinetry--courtesy of our 1911 bungalow.

And thanks for the tip on the Chelsea pants at Lane Bryant. I'll go take a lookie at those tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld