Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chinese leather jackets

Technonut

Practically Family
So Aliexpress sellers are back to using expedited freight options like UPS/Fedex/DHL?

Hmmmm.... Come to think of it, AE is offering free returns now (It seems there is a $7.99 fee involved, so not totally free, BUT still damn good for return shipping to China IMO ;) )... I suppose it makes sense for them to use carriers like UPS with this type of promotion:

Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 15-32-31 Free returns policy.png

Edward

Bartender
Hmmmm.... Come to think of it, AE is offering free returns now (It seems there is a $7.99 fee involved, so not totally free, BUT still damn good for return shipping to China IMO ;) )... I suppose it makes sense for them to use carriers like UPS with this type of promotion:

View attachment 623565

That certainly takes a lot of the risk out of the picture. I've only bought small things on aliexpress to date - canvas and denim caps in the main - but they've been pretty good about the one time I needed a refund (was send a cap in completely the wrong size, right item but wrong size, unwearably small) - the Aliexpress bods decreed I should be refuned the entire amount, and didn't expect me to return the cap either.

It'll be interesting to see what arrives. There are one or two jackets I see online from Chinese sellers I very much like the look of - and they offer my size. Problem is they're all using the same generic photos, so I've not yet risked it as I'm really not sure what will arrive. At some point I'll hopefully fidn the time when I'm in Beijing to be able to track down somewhere selling this sort of thing off the rack so I can actually see the pproduct.No luck finding anywhere yet, but I've been so busy the last few trips, no real time to go looking.

AHP91

Practically Family
I’ve bought a fair bit of items from aliexpress recently, all have arrived quite quickly to the us. I have one item to return and it looks like it will be a totally free return with a prepaid label generated. Will see how it goes.

Technonut

Practically Family
Well, color me impressed! The package was in Alaska yesterday.... UPS managed to get it across the country, and will be delivered to me today!! o_O

That's 8 days from when ordered, and only 4 days from when the label was actually printed. :) I'll get some initial impressions and pics of the jacket posted up ASAP for those interested.... ;)

Technonut

Practically Family
The jacket just arrived.... It appears exactly as in the AE pics. Overall construction and stitching is decent, along with the "uncoated" Italian cowhide (attached material origin tag states leather was sourced from Italy) The shipping weight was 5.5 lbs. If I had to guess, I would say the leather thickness is around 1.2mm, perhaps a bit less.

100% cotton body lining with satin lined sleeves. I am surprised to see a belt included since one wasn't mentioned in the listing :). Zippers and snaps appear sturdy.

I managed to slip the jacket on for a whole minute before breaking out into a sweat, so no fit pics till I can crank the AC up for awhile. I can say that the listed measurements are correct for the XXXL, and the jacket fits well in the shoulders, chest, and sleeves.

I'll get some better, more detailed pics up as time allows. I can say already that I'm pleased with the jacket for the $$.... ;) :)

TBJ241.jpg

TBJ242.jpg

TBJ243.jpg

TBJ244.jpg

TBJ245.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg