Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I Pull This Off?

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I won this great, cheap, old Stetson on da'Bay. Now, I'm not usually one to wear a higher crown/wider brim fedora. But this one seems...different. I kind of like the bent brim, came out of the box this way. But I'd appreciate the opinions of the gents here - Does it work?
IMG_1088.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality.

anon`

One Too Many
I wouldn't really call that a wide brim. But I would call it very, very good on your noggin!

Not sure what exactly it is about it, but that's one of those classic and--dare I say?--archetypical hat/head pairings you've got going on there!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Not gonna blow smoke...if I didn't like it I wouldn't even comment. But I like it on ya and I dig the look of it with the wonky brim too. :eusa_clap

Goose.

Practically Family
handlebar bart said:
Not gonna blow smoke...if I didn't like it I wouldn't even comment. But I like it on ya and I dig the look of it with the wonky brim too. :eusa_clap
What Handlebar Bart said.
Not a question of "can you pull this off?". A statement of "you do". :)

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Lucky, that's my kinda' hat. It has character. I like the brim just fine.

The crown, however, isn't quite 'there'. I'd guess by the square look of it that it presently has a diamond or C-crown crease. Try a center dent and see if it slims it's silhouette a little bit. Most of the time I like a boxy crown, but something about the combination of that brim and your face shape makes me think that crease needs a tweak. Otherwise, a real winner.

I'd bet you are one of these guys who can 'pull off' wearing big brimmed fedoras, stingies, flat caps, westerns and all.

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Can you pull it off?

NOT if it's glued to your head!

I'm with HPG, though. The dimensions of the hat suit you, but the crown shouldn't be so square.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen - I thank you all! Your kindness and your honesty is true to form! And, ironically enough, the most critical of observers - my darling wife - agrees with you! Who'da thunk it!

I will work more with the crown and leave the brim be. And, IndyCop, I'll post a pic of the tat soon.

Thanks again.

anon`

One Too Many
Mr. Lucky said:
Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen - I thank you all! Your kindness and your honesty is true to form! And, ironically enough, the most critical of observers - my darling wife - agrees with you! Who'da thunk it!

I will work more with the crown and leave the brim be. And, IndyCop, I'll post a pic of the tat soon.

Thanks again.
I'm not sure if this is an artefact of the lighting, or if the bash is on the hat's crown is "off" (for lack of a better word), but it looks good in the first picture. It just screams character. I honestly wouldn't change a thing about it.

Food for thought =)

hats that look like they fell off the truck

some times, hats that look like they blew off your head and got ran over, then you popped it back out and put it back on look the best. it is a very square crown (at least from the angle of the photo), it's definitly proportioned to your face, and being the owner of a fed iv, I like the taperless crowns.

anyway's the wife likes it, who's going to argue with that?

Rob

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe