Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Knox might very well be first blood for young Will. Van Alden has just saved Capone's life ( reward?). Those Florida alligators may be getting fed some 'gangster meat' soon with the Sally-Nucky coalition!

Knox might very well be first blood for young Will. Van Alden has just saved Capone's life ( reward?). Those Florida alligators may be getting fed some 'gangster meat' soon with the Sally-Nucky coalition!

One has to think that the 'gators are going to be fed. It fits in with the show for sure. I have a few I'd like to volunteer, but it's pretty much like everyone else's list.
Interesting thought on Chalky's daughter going with the Doc - voluntarily. I assumed he'd have her kidnapped, but it appears she's ready to follow. But I reckon once he lays his hands on her, Chalky will kill him in a painful fashion.
Show is certainly entertaining. Much better than it's ever been.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
And the attempted killing of Capone...who is behind it? And why..? Now that Capone has survived, who is on his hit list? Too much to resolve in two episodes - pity!

Kirk H.

One Too Many

I don't think so on Knox. That is an alias he is using. In one episode you hear Hoover call him Mr. Tolsen as in Clyde Tolsen who was Hoover's 2nd in command and other things.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
And the attempted killing of Capone...who is behind it? And why..? Now that Capone has survived, who is on his hit list? Too much to resolve in two episodes - pity!

All the more to bring us back again next season! I have to say, I'm liking it again.

Worf

I'll Lock Up

Torio... his BOSS. Al's gettin' to big fer his britches... Notice how Johnny just happens to leave before the place is sprayed with a million .45 caliber machine gun rounds? Actually, had they used BARs Al would've been done for!

Worf

Feraud

Bartender
Well in "Order of Annoyance"

1. Dr. Narcisse (may the Lord Smite him with a Garbage Truck)
2. Mickey Doyle (NEVER has something so annoying advanced a plot soooo little)
3. Chalky's wothless daughter... (Wise Up or stay home)
4. George Meuller but I think agent Van Alden's alredy killed him.
5. Agent Knox... You're riight... he is a weasel!

Worf

Not Mickey Doyle!! I love seeing how much he annoys everyone in the room! There is probably no one he interacts with that doesn't want to kill him.
The guy is just clueless and lucky enough to survive the gang drama and die an old man sipping cuba libres in Havana. ;)

Not Mickey Doyle!! I love seeing how much he annoys everyone in the room! There is probably no one he interacts with that doesn't want to kill him.
The guy is just clueless and lucky enough to survive the gang drama and die an old man sipping cuba libres in Havana. ;)

Mickey reminds me of a character actor from the 30s and 40s (whose name I don't know) who had a "heh, huh" half laugh delivered in as annoying a way as possible, just like Mickey. One, does anyone know (based on my weak description) who this character actor was and, two, I'd bet Mickey was given his nails-on-a-chalkboard laugh based on this guy.

Mickey reminds me of a character actor from the 30s and 40s (whose name I don't know) who had a "heh, huh" half laugh delivered in as annoying a way as possible, just like Mickey. One, does anyone know (based on my weak description) who this character actor was and, two, I'd bet Mickey was given his nails-on-a-chalkboard laugh based on this guy.

Isn't he kinda like "Satch"? I know the old guys know who I'm talkin' about!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
It's Satch from either "The Dead End Kids" or the "Bowery Boys" They NEVER went to the east side of lower Manhattan, they'd a been run out or skint like rabbits...

Worf

Worf

I'll Lock Up
On Mickey Doyle being like Satch... I don't see it. Mickey Doyle is more like Screech or Horschack... Satch was more like Curly or Shemp.... classic side kick material. Doyle's a poser an annoying poser who pissed his pants when Richard Harrow... a REAL killer showed him where the bear chit in the buckwheat... lest ye forget!

Worf

The writers did a good job creating Mickey. Sure, he's annoying as hell, and a real schmo. He's a poser, but he's a genuine poser, which isn't quite as oxymoronic as it might seem. He's true to his own phony self. There's a consistency there.

It's akin to my defense of a certain day-late, dollar-short character of my own acquaintance. I've heard it said of him that he's unreliable. Okay, I reply, I'll give you that. But at least we know he's unreliable, and for that reason you'd be wise not to rely on him for anything important.

The writers did a good job creating Mickey. Sure, he's annoying as hell, and a real schmo. He's a poser, but he's a genuine poser, which isn't quite as oxymoronic as it might seem. He's true to his own phony self. There's a consistency there.

It's akin to my defense of a certain day-late, dollar-short character of my own acquaintance. I've heard it said of him that he's unreliable. Okay, I reply, I'll give you that. But at least we know he's unreliable, and for that reason you'd be wise not to rely on him for anything important.

Totally agree - which is why I can't hate him. I mean, how clueless is he to hit on Sally in front of Nucky? You'd have to be blind to not see they were "connected".
I say he's a legit schmo. And I kinda dig him. That laff/chuckle is wonderful! :)

EliasRDA

One of the Regulars
I like Van Alden, and on a side note if you have seen Man of Steel then you will recognize General Zod. I had just finished watching BWE & tuned MoS in & was like "Holy Moses".
He still brings Van Alden into Zod IMHO, wierd but good.

I like Van Alden, and on a side note if you have seen Man of Steel then you will recognize General Zod. I had just finished watching BWE & tuned MoS in & was like "Holy Moses".
He still brings Van Alden into Zod IMHO, wierd but good.

He's had a lot of parts in the last two years. Also a good and totally different bit in "Mud". A truly great actor that I really enjoy.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I am wondering when the life insurance hit on Mickey will happen. He is good comic relief for the show. He always has something annoyingly silly to say. The line about have you seen Thief of Bagdad was a good one last week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82