Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOARDWALK EMPIRE (HBO) - Everything you wanted to bootleg about the Show!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
What's so odd... she's in the bootleggin' business. The previous local rum runner wound up with a machete in his HEAD! She's sleepin' out side on the porch fer goodness sake, in rural Florida... hell a gator could crawl up there and ravage her! I'd sleep with a loaded blunderbuss as well.

Worf

What's so odd... she's in the bootleggin' business. The previous local rum runner wound up with a machete in his HEAD! She's sleepin' out side on the porch fer goodness sake, in rural Florida... hell a gator could crawl up there and ravage her! I'd sleep with a loaded blunderbuss as well.

Worf

Exactly why it is odd. She is obviously a target of many potential angry critters. Sleeping outside - OK, it's hot and humid Florida, but...
The shotgun isn't bothering me for that reason. It's WAY more subtle (or not) due to her relationship with Nucky. I think it was a foreboding image. Nucky is taken with her and she's a shark. Get the feeling she's got "plans".
But then again I could be just reading way too much into it...

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I like Sally! She compliments Nucky well as she has a good savvy business head & doesn't suffer fools. The shotgun image is sexual to the degree that it shows she is a powerful person, uses her sexuality as a strength and has balls bigger than many of the men around her. I think she & Nuck could make a real power couple & force on BWE!

Van Alden - he is a class act and I really root for him. He's free now as his real self has been released.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Just been watching James Bond with Daniel Craig and realised his CIA chum Felix is that arrogant slime ball, Dr Nacissis ..! The sooner he gets whacked the better as he will never die a peaceful death in bed.

Lily Powers

Practically Family

Van Alden IS THE MAN. He's BACK!!!!! Finally. Shoot three men and leave them to rot where they lay. Tell O'Banion that he's messing with a full grown man not some punk. Then go home tell that naggin' fish wife where the bear chit in the buckwheat! Ah yes... masterful stuff! Thrown the money on the bed and your pistol too! Then make love on top of both!!!! "Impetuos! Homeric! (bonus points for whoever knows what movie that line was from). Lovin' this years shows.

Worf

I'm going to tap you Quietly, my Man, for those bonus points. The scene leading up to those words certainly lends itself to a bit of Van Alden's "all cards on the table" declarations.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I'm going to tap you Quietly, my Man, for those bonus points. The scene leading up to those words certainly lends itself to a bit of Van Alden's "all cards on the table" declarations.

Ding Ding Ding!!!!! We have a winner! You madam are quite good... We'll have to go "quote for quote" some day! As the "Intercontinental Champion" I welcome all comers! Bravo and well played.

Worf

Whoa.

I just wish I could figure out how to make this newfangled TV (well, it's maybe a couple of years old, but that's new by the standards of this house) give me a brighter picture. So many of the scenes in tonight's episode were in such dark settings my tired old eyes were having real difficulty making out the action. It was only after those scenes had played out that I knew who got dead, etc.

Tony ask your kids or search for the manual online.
It's pretty easy if you get that info.
As for this episode there was a lot to digest. Due to there only being two more episodes this season, they crammed a lot in. Not sure I liked it as much as last week. Too busy

Loved that exchange between Eli and his boy Willie.

Eli: Is this the life you want?

Willie: Isn't it what we do?

Ah yes, carrying on the family tradition.

Agent Knox got snubbed at that meeting of his fellow Federales. His superiors didn't seem all that impressed or even interested in his now having Eli, "the weak link in Nucky Thompson's chain," in his pocket. (Or so Agent Knox likes to think.) It would be poetic if Willie's first deliberate homicide (that classmate's unfortunate demise wasn't quite by design) was the federal agent who is using him like a pawn. If he were to discover how Knox has been playing his father, and how he would be more than happy to see Willie pounding rocks in the hot sun, well, then we might see if Willie inherited the murder gene. I'm guessing he did.

And Narcisse is still gonna get dead, I bet. (Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.) His character flaw (what might be an asset in certain situations, but usually not in the long run, provided one has a long run) is that considerations other than wholly business ones are wasted on him. Nucky wants Chalky to live (note the call to the Legion Hall, to try to save Chalky before those cops, now in Narcisse's pocket, got hold of him), for quite personal as well as practical reasons.

Nucky may find himself cornered into a business relationship with Narcisse, but he sure as hell wants out of it, even if the money might be real, real good. Many a gangster of the era -- although certainly not all, by any stretch -- shied away from narcotics, for "moral" as well as practical reasons. Booze, prostitution, gambling -- not exactly healthy vices, but they had been around forever and were widely indulged in by many and perhaps even most men. But heroin? No, that's a whole 'nother matter. The cops and judges and politicians you might run into at the cathouse or the gambling den or the speakeasy wanted nothing to do with that

Blackjack

One Too Many
Narcisse has plans for Chalkies daughter, Eli's already broken trust, Willie's on his way to becoming a mobster, Nucky's got his ass in a sling with Narcisse...wholly cow, ders a lot of folks gonna get whacked here :eusa_doh:

Not to mention who set up Capone ( with an E) ????

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Line of the night:
Nucky: Doctor Narcisse, there's something I've been meaning to ask you, for quite some time. Who the ****, do you think you are?

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The war was starting at the end of the episode. Love how Knox was brushed off by J Edgar. I think Capone has to worry as the guy's trying to kill him are the same as the ones who killed O'Bannon last week.
Tony episodes have been dark. Started last year. I don't know who is cinematographer but I noticed last year that the dark scenes have gotten darker.
Even with the set brighteness all the way up it doesn't help when they are shot so dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82