Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso "Cuoio" Aeronaut natural Badalassi

nick123

I'll Lock Up
No thoughts related to it fitting anything less than perfect appeared to me but I suppose you guys are onto something. Darn those second looks. Jacketrick Henry once said "give me badalassi or give me liberty"...

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Appreciate your thoughtful reply. Your comments on the style and leather are on point. This hide is definitely pretty stiff but I'm pretty confident will relax and offer the drape once broken in. The Campus for reference is here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/mister-freedom-campus-jacket-pic-heavy.84956/

The Aeronaut's measurements (sz 42) are:
Chest: 22.75-23"
Back length: 25"
Sleeves: 26.5-26.75"
Shoulders: 18"

By contrast, the Campus measurements (sz 40) were:
Chest: 22"
Shoulders: 18.5"
Sleeves: 26-26.25"
Back length: 23.25"

I think this stye actually suits you really well, the BK is just too big.
The Campus makes you look V shaped, the BK makes you look like an upside down V, it flares out as it goes down.
It's also a bit long both body and sleeves, and a bit wide in the back.
Actually, comparing the back shots is where it is most obvious to me.
I wouldn't be surprised if going a size down was all you needed.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
your old jacket was photographed from lower angle, and this one from elevated angle, both far too close giving weird perspective effect, so your eyes is the best judge since you look at eye height on both jackets. I think leather lined cuff and double leather facing on the collar on this one is a much better choice than corduroy.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
The Campus makes you look V shaped, the BK makes you look like an upside down V, it flares out as it goes down.

What's weird is I owned another sz 42 Aeronaut and the fit was great (or so I always thought lol). However, I decided I wanted a tad more length with this one to make it work better with the occasional untucked shirt, because being realistic I hate tucking in my sh*t, I mean shirts.

CBI

One Too Many
good points about the style fitting the person! I love vintage but most of it doesn't work on me so I am more of an enthusiast for other people wearing vintage now than me! I am well past the point of even considering let along buying a leather jacket that might not be the right style. Totally not worth the financial risk but it's fun watching others take that chance!!!!!

l0fielectronic

Practically Family
Wear it for few more days, when the leather starts to form your body shape, the fit will be better.

Nothing to lose by doing that for sure.

My first thought was that it perhaps does look a little big, but that said I've got two leather jackets that I thought on arrival were a little too big, and maybe they are, but they tend to get the most all season wear due to layering and freedom of movement.

A-1

One Too Many
My wearing habits have actually changed recently. I would love to rather go shorter in my jackets now. I don’t have a jacket that would go with my high waist pants to my content. I think I’d get a 23-24“ length in an A2 in oil pull HH when I can. Maybe in like a year from now.

Maybe I’m going a bit against the grain here, but I sometimes actually like clothes that do not fit perfectly. A jacket that is a tad too small or too big might be cool in a way. However, Bret, I must say, yours is more like a good all around and not so interesting fit. I think it would look cooler when shorter and tighter, like reeeeaaaalllyyy cool!
But I was a huge fan of your MF campus anyway. (Dayum, why did you sell it?? Haha!)

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No disputing the quality of the Mr Freedom or the BK but in a style like this (to me its very much a statement piece), I'd think of going a cheap version to see if the general style suits me. Then if you love it, invest the serious $$$ into a quality one.

No idea of the quality but this did catch my eye as a possible "style tester"

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32697815174.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.17MAQm

I don't have any experience with this particular seller but Aliexpress is amazing for certain goods. I've mentioned it before but the vendors don't actually get your money until you go back on to the website acknowledge you received the goods and are happy with them...makes for very honest sellers. This is something ebay should try and incorporate imo.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Maybe I’m going a bit against the grain here, but I sometimes actually like clothes that do not fit perfectly. A jacket that is a tad too small or too big might be cool in a way.
It's not going against any grain since a perfect fit and what constitutes a long or short jacket is subjective like all opinions. But I get what you mean.

Reactions: A-1
No disputing the quality of the Mr Freedom or the BK but in a style like this (to me its very much a statement piece), I'd think of going a cheap version to see if the general style suits me. Then if you love it, invest the serious $$$ into a quality one.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32697815174.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.17MAQm

I don't have any experience with this particular seller but Aliexpress is amazing for certain goods. I've mentioned it before but the vendors don't actually get your money until you go back on to the website acknowledge you received the goods and are happy with them...makes for very honest sellers. This is something ebay should try and incorporate imo.
Dude that looks pretty damn good. I've been dancing around this style for quite some time without the balls to go all in. I might just try that! $228 isn't bad for dipping a toe in uncharted waters.

l0fielectronic

Practically Family

I was going to say that this is twice the price the Levis LVC versions on eBay sell for - but that was before this 50% off sale. Now I'm tempted myself for the other colour (I have the LVC version and like it a lot) damnit :)

That said, I got a little confused by the page, so some photos are of the product, and others are of a vershion that this is a copy of :( Hmm. Still. doesn't look a bad jacket for the cost.

I've never had to ackowledge I was happy with something after when buying from Aliexpress and the moneys always left my account a soon as I've bought something... but then I've only used it twice I think, and never had a problem either so maybe that only comes into play then.

Last edited:

barnabus

One Too Many

Two things: the idea of a cheap version as a style tester is genius i think. I've bought jackets (and other clothing!) myself in the past that I've lusted over for ages before finally taking the plunge, to discover i never actually wear them in anger. No matter how good something looks and how much you dig it, if you don't feel it suits you once it's on you won't feel comfortable. And if you don't feel comfortable, you never reach for it.

And secondly: the jacket in the link you posted looks genuinely nice. The tan colour (which they worryingly refer to as "orange") looks awesome and now i want it and I'm figuring out how easy it is to order and working out how their sizing goes. Thanks a lot!

Mark

Practically Family
Me too, the "orange" one looks very nice and for that price you can't go too wrong. I am very tempted, gonna have to do some measuring first.

A-1

One Too Many
+1 exactly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe