Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill Kelso "Cuoio" Aeronaut natural Badalassi

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Length of body and sleeve look perfect to my taste. I wouldn't want it any shorter myself. For me anything less than 26" in either body or sleeve is getting too short for comfort. I've tried to pull off 24.5" back lengths and 25" sleeves...right to bay they go.

Totally and completely subjective, right? And that's the thing; the MF Campus did fit me to a t even in length as designed. Christophe ain't no chump. However, I only dress kinda-sorta oldtimye (tho I would reckon my family and friends would take exception to that lol). In any event, my general style called for a jacket with more body length.

I coulda been plenty happy with the Campus had it more body length. I think I will be plenty happy with this Butterbiscuit (thx again @nick123) once I figure out what I think about the length :confused:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I am torn, the jacket itself looks better built than the MF Campus you have/had, and the lining looks great. But i have to say i prefered the fit of the Campus.
Comparing the pictures i would go Campus without hesitating, it fits you perfectly, this one is a bit long and boxy...
Still, nice jacke!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I personally like the color and the cut of the jacket. I too think it's a smidge big on you but I personally would rather something be a smidge big than vise tight. I've never dealt with BK so I can't comment on their jacket quality.

Worf

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I am torn, the jacket itself looks better built than the MF Campus you have/had, and the lining looks great. But i have to say i prefered the fit of the Campus.
Comparing the pictures i would go Campus without hesitating, it fits you perfectly, this one is a bit long and boxy...
Still, nice jacke!

Thx bro! I think I'm gonna put this on the chop block and reorder. Note I just got word that they're working with Badalassi on a lighter hide, so I may opt for that.

The leather jacket roller coaster ride continues

Mark

Practically Family
Thx bro! I think I'm gonna put this on the chop block and reorder. Note I just got word that they're working with Badalassi on a lighter hide, so I may opt for that.

The leather jacket roller coaster ride continues

I hope you don't take too big a loss on that. Shame, but we've all been there so can share the pain with you (at least in spirit if not financially). Look forward to seeing the new revised jacket soon (ish). Good luck.

CBI

One Too Many
yep, all been there but you get to a point where it's not worth it. That one perfect jacket ends up costing $5,000 with all the resales/losses and with the OCD, it's still rarely correct. It gets to not be worth the trouble after awhile but hey, to each his own. Meaning OCD in general no one specific!!!!! Good luck with the sale and re-order.

A-1

One Too Many
Hi Bret,
I think you decided correctly. From here it looks a tad too big. It might fit me though..
Better luck next time, everything will work out fine, I hope!

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
It's just a bit big, and I think the collar proportions (from the back) seem to accent that a little. Personally if you like it as is, keep it. If you think it's too large, then cut your losses and sell. It's a very unique jacket for sure!

thor

Call Me a Cab
I thought I once read on the BK Facebook page that they do free alterations? It might be worth a shot to ask them about a re-make or if an alteration of the length of this particular jacket is possible. Just a thought :rolleyes:

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Length in sleeves no problem, length in body, not so simple. This being a button front jacket the buttons are spaced out according to the overall length, so it's not like you can just take a half inch off the bottom. You could modify the back kidney/base panel, make it slightly curved or something, but then it messes with the symmetry. Nope unfortunately I think this has to go (or I just need to suck it up haha) :oops::oops:

Reactions: A-1

HPA Rep

Vendor
I think the jacket is a true gem, but seen on you I really don't think it flatters you, which may well be a result of the style and not the specifics of the measures. My taste would be for something shorter in both body and sleeve length, and maybe a hide that was thinner or that draped/molded better (could be just too new). I haven't seen the MFSC Campus jacket on you and I'd be curious to do so.

I'm not suggesting this applies to you, but there are clothing styles that just aren't good for some builds and there are people who never make such a connection, putting the item/style ahead of what works best for their build. I've tried this overall style on just once and I'm not a fan of it on me, though much of my dislike was focussed on the body length being longer than I'd like (chest and shoulders were great). If I had the chance to try on this style in a shorter length with the same fit in the upper body, I might well be a fan. Also, if a leather jacket is a button-front style, I want a thinner, very soft, pliable hide for ease and speed in closing; otherwise, it's zip-front only for me.

My rule remains that it's better to own one fabulous item that flatters you by any objective standard than many that do not.

I wish you success in your decision and quest!

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I think the jacket is a true gem, but seen on you I really don't think it flatters you, which may well be a result of the style and not the specifics of the measures. My taste would be for something shorter in both body and sleeve length, and maybe a hide that was thinner or that draped/molded better (could be just too new). I haven't seen the MFSC Campus jacket on you and I'd be curious to do so.

I'm not suggesting this applies to you, but there are clothing styles that just aren't good for some builds and there are people who never make such a connection, putting the item/style ahead of what works best for their build. I've tried this overall style on just once and I'm not a fan of it on me, though much of my dislike was focussed on the body length being longer than I'd like (chest and shoulders were great). If I had the chance to try on this style in a shorter length with the same fit in the upper body, I might well be a fan. Also, if a leather jacket is a button-front style, I want a thinner, very soft, pliable hide for ease and speed in closing; otherwise, it's zip-front only for me.

My rule remains that it's better to own one fabulous item that flatters you by any objective standard than many that do not.

I wish you success in your decision and quest!

Appreciate your thoughtful reply. Your comments on the style and leather are on point. This hide is definitely pretty stiff but I'm pretty confident will relax and offer the drape once broken in. The Campus for reference is here http://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/mister-freedom-campus-jacket-pic-heavy.84956/

The Aeronaut's measurements (sz 42) are:
Chest: 22.75-23"
Back length: 25"
Sleeves: 26.5-26.75"
Shoulders: 18"

By contrast, the Campus measurements (sz 40) were:
Chest: 22"
Shoulders: 18.5"
Sleeves: 26-26.25"
Back length: 23.25"

Charles hit the nail on the head. I wanted a Heron for the longest time, but when I finally tried one on I knew in 20 seconds that it wasn't for me. I ended up buying a Thedi because the cut is more to my liking. Bret, this is a beautiful jacket! Good luck. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe