Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beaver felt hat from Vintage Silhouettes

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Oh? there's a hat on my head?

Thanks to all of you for the compliments. Powers is correct, it is a raw edge. Like all well made hats, after 5 minutes you forget it's on your head because it fits so well.:eusa_clap

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
That is a beautiful hat sir. Looks great with the Ray Ban sunglasses. Up to now, I thought that a Panama referred to a hat being made of straw. [huh] Oops.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I saw one of Art's new beaver felt hats last weekend at the Queen Mary Event and the felt is smooth and soft. Something very different from what I was feeling a couple years ago. I'll probably get one and wear it around a bit. Will it shrink? can it take a few crushings and will it dropp in the rain are my questions.

The felt was such a huge improvement. I think Art's hats are going to give Optimo a run for their money... though I really need to buy an Art Fawcett hat to find out...

Time to save some money!

Matt Deckard said:
I saw one of Art's new beaver felt hats last weekend at the Queen Mary Event and the felt is smooth and soft. Something very different from what I was feeling a couple years ago. I'll probably get one and wear it around a bit. Will it shrink? can it take a few crushings and will it dropp in the rain are my questions.

Let's see. Mine hasn't shrunk yet. I have sat on some a few times, if that counts, and they come out none the worse for wear. As you know, I wear all hats in the rain and mine hasn't been fazed by it yet.
I can tell you that the name you mentioned previously did not fare as well. Perhaps as Art gets better the rest are either resting on their laurels or getting worse. [huh]

Regards,

J

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
First off, Lincsong,that hat really suits you. Second,as to how they hold up: I agree with jamespowers. I've worn both of mine from Art in the rain at least 7 or 8 times and there isn't a trace of shrinkage or the dreaded taper. I haven't sat on them (yet) but they haven't been treated with kid gloves either. Great hats!

Sefton said:
First off, Lincsong,that hat really suits you. Second,as to how they hold up: I agree with jamespowers. I've worn both of mine from Art in the rain at least 7 or 8 times and there isn't a trace of shrinkage or the dreaded taper. I haven't sat on them (yet) but they haven't been treated with kid gloves either. Great hats!

Bring one over. We'll do the sit test. :D

Regards,

J

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Well, I'm the wrong person to ask about whether something holds up or not. I'm pretty meticulous with things. :D My desk at work may be an organized mess, but I baby everything. Heck, my 6 year old truck has one ding on it.lol

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
A great Florida color.

This has to be one of the nicest styled hat Art Fawcett has made.... I want one.:) :eusa_clap :)

P1250108.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thank you Gentlemen and a Thank you Lincsong..this is a real treat for me to have so many hats come out at the same time. So many questions...First, Matt, thanks for taking the time to look at the new work. After Fedora sharing some trade secrets and developing a few of my own I'm confident that they are on par if not superior to anyone's work and I continue to learn & make improvements when possible. As for comparisons, I'll let me work speak for itself & let others do them. I have to tell you though, the "sit test" is a bit frightening :eusa_doh:
Sharpie, Thanks. I think I can do this in your size. Unfortunately, I only have one of these vintage blocks in this style so I'm limited to only 3 sizes. It's starting to look like I'd better try to get it dupe'd in all sizes.:D

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
You sure that three sided coin doesn't have Vegas on it? :p Say maybe next weekend? ;)

regards,

J

Oh no, it's getting worn to Las Vegas this weekend, right after I inhale the turkey tonight.:D So this evening it will be given the TAS security zap test.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe