Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VoodooSan

One Too Many
Thanks, gentlemen. A service provider, rather than a maker, makes a lot of sense. Likely not buying this one, so internal investigation won't be an option. Oh well!

Thanks again.

RickP

Practically Family
Curious if an older Akubra that is marked as 7-1/4 is the same or different than a US 7-1/4? ( the one I noticed did not have any cm size marking) It always seemed to me that an Akubra 59 was in between a Stetson 7-1/4// 7-3/8 for fit on my noggin

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Curious if an older Akubra that is marked as 7-1/4 is the same or different than a US 7-1/4? ( the one I noticed did not have any cm size marking) It always seemed to me that an Akubra 59 was in between a Stetson 7-1/4// 7-3/8 for fit on my noggin
My experience has been that vintage Stetsons run a little large. I have a modern Stetson hemp Stratoliner that runs way large, a full size or more - need to sell it. I'm a size 58.5 cm, kind of an in between. Akubra 58 fits me but they shrink over time so 59 with a shim fits better

RickP

Practically Family
I agree that most of the time an Akubra 59 fits me the same as most Stetson 58/ 7-1/4 (Im also in between 58 and 59)

The Akubra hat in question is only marked as 7-1/4 ( no cm size)... my question is ... is an Austrailian 7-1/4 the same as a US 7-1/4? (or is it like a European size 7-1/4)

IMG_4667.jpeg

Only reason I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1