Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hey guys, observation/question here. Jensen Huang the Nvidia CEO is often seen in his $9000.00 lizard-embossed Tom Ford jacket in calf skin. Couldn't he easily have a custom-made real lizard skin jacket made by the likes of Johnson's for far less? How exceedingly expensive is Lizard versus the fashion hype of a Tom Ford piece?

I never see lizard-based leather in FL, maybe because it's illegal in certain parts.
The article said his wife and daughter are responsible for his current style and I would not be surprised if they bought his clothes.
Johnson Leathers could be more proactive in approaching celebrity clients. Lebron wore special one off natural Vanson jacket, I am guessing his team had a lot to do with that than himself.
Exotic skins can get quite pricey though, like 3 to 5 times the normal cowhide/horsehide we wear around here. Very rockstar.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Hey guys, observation/question here. Jensen Huang the Nvidia CEO is often seen in his $9000.00 lizard-embossed Tom Ford jacket in calf skin. Couldn't he easily have a custom-made real lizard skin jacket made by the likes of Johnson's for far less? How exceedingly expensive is Lizard versus the fashion hype of a Tom Ford piece?

I never see lizard-based leather in FL, maybe because it's illegal in certain parts.

Lizard is commonly used in cowboy boots:
1728249832523.png

Finding pieces large enough for a jacket would be the issue. Lots of unsightly seams.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

I've once seen a lizard leather jacket from Hugo Boss. Lots of small pieces glued onto cowhide. No ugly seams though, I guess they were able to create smooth seams by skiving the edges. It was about €5k back in 2009.

npthaiduong

New in Town
Could someone please help me to identify this jacket's manufacturer? The listing doesn't give much details. Thank you!

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Could someone please help me to identify this jacket's manufacturer? The listing doesn't give much details. Thank you!

That is a 5 Star jacket. Don't pay 650 dollars. You can buy a new one for 200 some bucks.

Always look at the ribs first. The real vintage G-1s has those vintage knited ribs. High end repros replicates them too.

npthaiduong

New in Town
That is a 5 Star jacket. Don't pay 650 dollars. You can buy a new one for 200 some bucks.

Always look at the ribs first. The real vintage G-1s has those vintage knited ribs. High end repros replicates them too.
Thank you, Sir. I knew you could tell them apart :)

TheWickerMan

New in Town
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting a Thedi Shawl directly from him - black leather, zipper instead of buttons + zipper sleeves.

He said it would be around 1700 EUR + 75 shipping - quite expensive but I assume this is standard with Thedi?

I already have an Aero Hooch Hauler in Kelpie Brown which I think is pretty smooth, but I'm thinking of something with a bit more texture this time, if anyone has a recommendation of what to ask for. Thanks!

Viking752

Practically Family
Question for you guys that use the Ozone generators. I picked one up and used it on a leather jacket with moderately heavy cigarette smoke. I hung the jacket in a small bathroom door closed etc. I ran it 30 minutes two different times. Oddly enough it came out smelling like ozone but the cig smell was almost gone. Then I placed the jacket outside to air it out and the smoke smell is back. How long and how many times have you guys done this treatment? And have you been successful removing cig smells?

Modified_last_call

One of the Regulars
Question for you guys that use the Ozone generators. I picked one up and used it on a leather jacket with moderately heavy cigarette smoke. I hung the jacket in a small bathroom door closed etc. I ran it 30 minutes two different times. Oddly enough it came out smelling like ozone but the cig smell was almost gone. Then I placed the jacket outside to air it out and the smoke smell is back. How long and how many times have you guys done this treatment? And have you been successful removing cig smells?

I've used the same exact process, small bathroom too!
I've had the same result. The smoke smell is greatly reduced but still present after a couple of days.

Even after several treatments, there still may be a slight smell.
The only time that I've eliminated the smoke smell completely is when I washed the jacket before drying and hitting it with the ozone.
I've ruined a jacket by washing it too. Take that into consideration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPDuran