Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

floater

New in Town
Anywhere I could buy a FW bodie in a size 34?

I’ve searched the webs and no luck, any help is greatly appreciated

cbez

One Too Many
Anywhere I could buy a FW bodie in a size 34?

I’ve searched the webs and no luck, any help is greatly appreciated
keep your eye on japanese second hand market.

i dont believe that size was even sold in the west, so that's gonna be your only option.

floater

New in Town
keep your eye on japanese second hand market.

i dont believe that size was even sold in the west, so that's gonna be your only option.
Yeah searching online I only saw 2 stores in japan that carried sz 34 (but currently sold out) and I was hoping I missed a spot that still has one for sale, just wishful thinking I guess

cbez

One Too Many
Yeah searching online I only saw 2 stores in japan that carried sz 34 (but currently sold out) and I was hoping I missed a spot that still has one for sale, just wishful thinking I guess
with FW you have to go second hand these days.

floater

New in Town
One more, when is the next season or restock of fine creek jackets that are currently sold out everywhere?

Do they only do limited quantities a year or are they also having issues lately sourcing quality leathers and only putting out what they can?

TLW '90

Practically Family
Has anybody seen a vest like this before and have an idea who might have made it ?
Buffalo check wool on the outside, natural colored leather on the inside, with natural leather pocket trim and back adjusters.
it has a late 50's ( the charts say late 50's-90's ) Talon zipper.

It has no visible label where you'd normally see one because it's reversible but it looks like a decent quality piece that should have had a label somewhere, likely in a pocket and I just hope said label is still there.

Last edited:

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Hi everyone, hope you've all got a terrific weekend planned. This is for the RMC aficionados - does anyone know the reference of this HD collaboration?

I saw one advertised in the Classifieds a while back being described as quite rare and initially only available in Japan - it was noted then as a Cycle Champ repro. If anyone can provide insight I'd appreciate it. I think the leather looks quite nice and the detachable mouton collar is a nice touch.

Looking forward to your thoughts, particularly on quality and fit - it looks fairly short, which I'm good with. Thank you in advance, speak soon.

Chris
Hello Chris, There is a wealth of info here. Our friend Canuck Panda posted some original advertisement from RMC NZ. Personally, I really like the NZ batches they did produce in the late 90s and early 2k. Your jacket is a replica of the cycle champ, originally produced in 1958. I have one original from that period and some orange label 60. They in my view basically the same quality from the samples I have.

Here is a link of our frind Canuck. https://www.thefedoralounge.com/thr...g-this-rmc-double-riders.115646/#post-3117817

TLW '90

Practically Family
I asked the seller if they checked the pocket for a label, but they had not and they've already shipped it so I'll just have to wait and look for myself when it arrives.

Nick M

New in Town
Hi everybody, this is my first post and not sure if I’m posting where I’m supposed to as couldn’t find how to‍♂️
Anyway, I’ve had this particular leather jacket for a good few years now and have always wanted to know more about it.
It’s either late 60s early 70s I think, but no makers label and never seen another one.
Possibly a Brookes or similar?
Photos attached…

Attachments

• IMG_4357.jpeg
    IMG_4357.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4362.jpeg
    IMG_4362.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 36

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Hi everybody, this is my first post and not sure if I’m posting where I’m supposed to as couldn’t find how to‍♂️
Anyway, I’ve had this particular leather jacket for a good few years now and have always wanted to know more about it.
It’s either late 60s early 70s I think, but no makers label and never seen another one.
Possibly a Brookes or similar?
Photos attached…
Hi Nick, you've come to the right place. Welcome to TFL.

Thats an interesting jacket you have there. I've never seen a jacket like this before. Normally I start dating a jacket by looking at the zipper but the zipper on this jacket is a replacement so not much help there.

Looking at the back with those deep gussets it somewhat resembles this 70s Lesco design... But that's where the similarities stop.

IMG_4270.jpeg
IMG_4271.jpeg

Nick M

New in Town
Hi Nick, you've come to the right place. Welcome to TFL.

Thats an interesting jacket you have there. I've never seen a jacket like this before. Normally I start dating a jacket by looking at the zipper but the zipper on this jacket is a replacement so not much help there.

Looking at the back with those deep gussets it somewhat resembles this 70s Lesco design... But that's where the similarities stop.

View attachment 638937 View attachment 638936
Thanks Marc, yes, I too think possibly Brooks or a Lesco.
The large bell Talon zipper is 60s/70s most probably, but I’ve seen that zipper on a 50s jacket unless it was replaced.

Leather Walker

Practically Family
Hey fellas, got a bit of a topic that might hit home for some of y’all. How do you say goodbye to a jacket that's been hanging in your closet for years, but deep down you know it ain't getting the love it deserves? Whether it doesn’t fit like it used to or just ain’t seeing the light of day anymore, it can be tough to let go.

I’ve got a couple of jackets that I keep telling myself I’ll wear again, but let’s be real, they're just taking up space. Thing is, every time I think about selling 'em, it feels like I’m giving up on an old friend. How do you guys mentally get past that? Any tricks to get in the right mindset? Or do you just pull the trigger and list them without thinking too much?

Would love to hear how you all handle it—especially those who've had to part with some real special pieces. Do you sell with no regrets, or is there always a bit of sting to it? Let’s hear your stories, and maybe we can make the process a little easier for each other!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markc1