Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cbez

One Too Many
Why would you do that (look for or a jacket that ticks the boxes in the same way). You'd end up with a rack full of highly similar jackets.

Personally I try to do the exact opposite. I like to look for something that I don't have yet, something new.

View attachment 623272
It's not like looking for the exact same jacket, but I find myself going 'oh that's cool but I'll like the back design on the hummingbird more' or 'oh thats cool but the leather isnt as interesting'

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My favorite from the Freewheelers. Did not know it was based on a California Sportswear jacket. Buttoned jackets from this era always attract my attention. Just don't see them, the zipper was so dominant.
I think you have it’s bigger brother, this one,
IMG_1343.jpeg
IMG_1342.jpeg

Very cool cuffs on this one…

I’ve also seen a Sportclad label one but not sure if it just came with plain cuffs or someone chopped it off,
IMG_1346.jpeg

buttoned half belts are great, not fussy like the belted coats, dressier than the zipper versions.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I think you have it’s bigger brother, this one,
View attachment 623345 View attachment 623346
Very cool cuffs on this one…

I’ve also seen a Sportclad label one but not sure if it just came with plain cuffs or someone chopped it off,
View attachment 623347

buttoned half belts are great, not fussy like the belted coats, dressier than the zipper versions.
No I don't own the JC jacket. Not a fan of those pockets. Hard to say on the Sportclad cuffs. CSC impresses again. I would estimate these button jackets are from the WWII era.

Those are heavy duty for sure. I’d want a wider hangar at the shoulder, especially for heavier leather jackets. Distribute the weight a bit more to avoid deforming that area of the jacket.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
There are those big wide hangers for wet suits but they're a bit bulky depth wise.
1719597611487.png

The best are the 20" suit hangers with the ends widened imo, but they're mostly retail fixtures.

Biff42

One of the Regulars
For a zip only, probably Dena or JL. I’d send Vanson back to Vanson but did recently have Dena install a two-way 10 Riri on my Force.
I'm getting my jackets back from Dena and she's been great to work with. She put a new zip on a LW Speed Demon and reconditioned/repaired a WW 2 M422. She's taking new work but dealing with a shoulder injury and lack of help (temporarily), so give her a call for turnaround time.

I'm getting my jackets back from Dena and she's been great to work with. She put a new zip on a LW Speed Demon and reconditioned/repaired a WW 2 M422. She's taking new work but dealing with a shoulder injury and lack of help (temporarily), so give her a call for turnaround time.

Glad she is doing well and back fixing jackets. Real nice person.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
It fits You in the shoulder quite well. I think if you downsize there will be more fit issues. The feeling might just be new leather, this particular one looks like it needs a bit of breaking in for it to drape. Rolling it like a dough usually speed things up. Out of all the RW stuff this type one is actually my fav, it makes the new brand stand out more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vetox88