Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Schott 6103JH (103US) Review

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Hi, this post is a review of a Schott jacket. Model number 6103JH, (Japan) size 44, made for the Tokyo Schott store. It is the same jacket as the 103US. The difference is the leather. There are also a bunch of other leather variants of the 103US, depending on the year, they would use Horween, Shinki...etc. The 6103JH is made with Shinki, JH = Japan Horsehide I assume, it is basically a pigment style Shinki but in burgundy color instead of the usual black or seal brown or navy blue. I have seen this jacket in a Cherry Horween too, that one is very nice.

IMG_8814.JPG

Size 44 is the Japanese sizing, most likely equate to US sizing Medium, or 41. Size chart is correct. One thing to note is there is a deep action pleat of 1.5" on both sides so there is room to expand in the chest, but the shoulders are medium sized, this makes the overall sleeve feel a bit shorter if you are in between US Medium and Large.
Schott 103US size chart.jpg

schott 6103JH size 44 measurements torso.jpg

schott 6103JH size 44 measurements lengths.jpg

schott 6103JH size 44 measurements armhole sleeve.jpg

The cut is quite boxy, chest width (without expansion) = hem width, no tapering. I am about 184lbs and just under 6', wears 35" jeans/pants, this is how it fits on me,
IMG_8880.JPG

IMG_8834.JPG
IMG_8846.JPG
IMG_8868.JPG

It's got a premium wool lining and a cool Schott label. And can be very reasonable prices on the used market. I've seen these jackets range from ¥50,000 to ¥120,000 ($350 to $750), not bad for a Shinki / Horween jacket from a reputable brand. It's worth to expand your search to include this one. The basic steer one is even less, but I would suggest to look for the premium leathers (Shinki or Horween), they're out there, just have to be patient.

Anyone with a medium or large sized P693 please post some measurements of your jacket. They look so similar except the back panel design. Thanks.
Schott P693.jpg

Long story short, can be good deals on the used market (especially for Shinki), expand your search!

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Such a nice jacket. I have a reddish Schott made with Mexican leather. The Mexican company if famous for the friendly environment production. I have seen some of their hides in Mexico City. Expensive for Mexican prices but the quality is as good as the top makers. I ended up getting a very nice light blue piece suede for my two BMW gs seats. Now I will have the task to make different looks on the three seats I have for them. The sells rep advised me that often they get the tones and thickness for my reddish biker project.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks guys, this one is a gem.

@Marc mndt I think they’re similar leather but yours may have an additional coat for protection as yours is the 6 series meant for casual bike use while mine is the 1 series just casual use so less water protection, still enough for daily. Also the 6 series cut have more taper by default to get a snug fit at the waist but the casual jacket is straight no need to suck In the stomach all the time for just sitting in the car haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwrg