Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Following up our discussion about felt/ribbon combinations, here's a compilation of some fine examples of less conservative VS styles owned by other Loungers.

Okay Nik, I'll never match your fastideous approach, but when this one came in the mail, this week, I knew it had to be part of your discussion. VS Artlite Granite porkpie, with silk pug. Definitely a less conservative lid than I'm accoustomed to, but guess it's time to "bust out" WooHOO!
IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

:eusa_clap

Nice as "pie"...

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
HatsRMe, I'm not a huge fan of Pork Pies, but yours is quite good looking. Very reminiscent of Sinatra's!

Perry, that's a lovely Strat clone as well.

HatsRMe, I'm not a huge fan of Pork Pies, but yours is quite good looking. Very reminiscent of Sinatra's!

Perry, that's a lovely Strat clone as well.

Thank you so much! I've been wearing hats since about 1969, and this is my first porkpie. It takes time, and a conservative, slow start.

Who is Sinatra?

There was a guy in a photo that I sent to Art. Loose tie, sport coat, cigarette....Yeah, it was him. I asked Art to model something after that. "Piece of cake!" he told me, then hit the nail on the head. I thought you all should see what Art did!
Good thing I can't sing.

Thanks again,
Charlie

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Charlie, that's a fun hat for sure. Haven't seen many puggaree ribbons on VS hats. Here's one on a Toyo Porkpie from D'Guy (the Toyo straw was just an experiment).

puggaree-band.jpg

puggaree-band2.jpg

Following up our discussion about felt/ribbon combinations, here's a compilation of some fine examples of less conservative VS styles owned by other Loungers.

Okay Nik, I'll never match your fastideous approach, but when this one came in the mail, this week, I knew it had to be part of your discussion. VS Artlite Granite porkpie, with silk pug. Definitely a less conservative lid than I'm accoustomed to, but guess it's time to "bust out" WooHOO!
IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2715.jpg

IMG_2671.jpg

:eusa_clap

Oh man! I think I want one of these! Super unique and somewhat reminiscent of the Stetson Privateer.
That looks great on you too. I can see why you are smiling that big. :p

Oh man! I think I want one of these! Super unique and somewhat reminiscent of the Stetson Privateer.
That looks great on you too. I can see why you are smiling that big.

Thanks to all you guys! And of course, thanks to Art for accomodating my folly. I have bought a few (never enough...) hats from "The Man," but this is the first one I felt compelled to show off in these pages.
Art can do it all. Place your orders now, be the first one on your block...!! :D
Charlie;)

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice look'n Toyo straw Nik, not familiar with D'Guy. Gator belt isn't too shabby either, together with the Selvedge jeans and a white Tee imagine a slick look.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Out of sight, but not out of mind! What a great community and thread! IP, I think I know the exact one you mean...I`ll try and dig out a photo if I can find one. All credit goes to the great master though...warm regards

buler

I'll Lock Up
Ok, so I visit Art's site today and see new information (to me). I searched this thread and found nothing. Has there been no announcement of the Legacy felt (Beaver, Mink, and Ermine) in this thread? Or was there a new thread for it?

If I'm the first to mention it on the lounge, do I get a discount??

B

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Daizawaguy has quite a number of VS hats posted in this thread. He's also one of the monthly featured VS wearers on Art's website.

Of course, makes perfect sense now. Thought D'Guy was a fashion house or manufacturer. D'Guy actually IS a fashion house :)

I hadn't noticed that page either.
Is the Legacy offered in a variety of colors or just one?
Bill, you should at least get the honor of going to the head of the line to order one....
Ok, so I visit Art's site today and see new information (to me). I searched this thread and found nothing. Has there been no announcement of the Legacy felt (Beaver, Mink, and Ermine) in this thread? Or was there a new thread for it?

If I'm the first to mention it on the lounge, do I get a discount??

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Good Citizen Az