Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Jabos said:
I can't wait to see the oxbloods when they start coming off the "assembly line".

Me too....I'm interested to see the ribbon combos.....I have to admit though, I'm not quite as taken with this Ox Blood as opposed to Optimo's.

anon`

One Too Many
Jazzman, both. Left is Mojave, right is Silver Mist. Ribbons are bit tougher to peg... Art has a name for both, but I don't recall either ;)

The Mojave's ribbon is very similar to the chocolate ribbon on my Wall Street, but with a much more pronounced reddish hue. Call it auburn, I guess?
The Silver Mist's is pretty much like it looks here, a sort of lilac kind of purple. So I'm gonna call it Grand Rubren, as it pretty well matches the hue of my favourite crème de violette :)

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Jabos said:
I'm going with a Bogart "Sam Spade" copy, so granite with an overwelt. I think I got the last lightweight granite on hand, but I don't want to speak for Art in case he can get another.

Spade4.jpg

I'm going to be brave and let Art spice up the bow.

What color are you thinking of H-bar?

That's what I had Art do for me some time ago. Came out great:
DSCN1527.jpg

Musashi

One of the Regulars
kaosharper1 said:
That's what I had Art do for me some time ago. Came out great

Looks Fantastic, What's the Brim width on that one?

Bogey's hats always look a good width on him, maybe his face is much 'taller' than mine.
P.S. Did Art make your Maltese Falcon?

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Musashi said:
Looks Fantastic, What's the Brim width on that one?

Bogey's hats always look a good width on him, maybe his face is much 'taller' than mine.
P.S. Did Art make your Maltese Falcon?

Actually, his face was so thin that it made his brims look wide. It's 2 3/8" which is what Bogey's was too, we believe. It's the crown height that makes the hat. The Maltese Falcon hat needs a deep bashed 6" crown as you can see from the photos of the real hat above and my hat (named "The Dingus").
DSCN1525.jpg

kaosharper1

One Too Many
FurFeltFedora said:
Thanks for the info Anon`, I'm thinking about a Jazzman myself (first VS). Would you say it has any taper to the crown? I'm looking for something nice and straight.

The Jazzman is based on the C&K hats from the 1920s and have a straight sided 6" crown, the tallest Art makes. I have one in Blue Smoke. Mine accidentally came out with a Hollywood brim, but I really like it.

photo1.jpg

Jabos

A-List Customer
kaosharper1 said:
Actually, his face was so thin that it made his brims look wide. It's 2 3/8" which is what Bogey's was too, we believe. It's the crown height that makes the hat. The Maltese Falcon hat needs a deep bashed 6" crown as you can see from the photos of the real hat above and my hat (named "The Dingus").
DSCN1525.jpg
Sweet! Is that in Blue Smoke? Regular weight or lightweight?

Anon', those two are beautiful. Ah, so many choices!:eusa_clap

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Jabos said:
Sweet! Is that in Blue Smoke? Regular weight or lightweight?

Anon', those two are beautiful. Ah, so many choices!:eusa_clap

The Dingus is lightweight granite (the first picture captures the color better). Alas, lightweight granite is to be a thing of the past, which is a bummer. My Jazzman variant is lightweight blue smoke.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
kaosharper1 said:
The Dingus is lightweight granite (the first picture captures the color better). Alas, lightweight granite is to be a thing of the past,

Don't give up on it yet Gents, if they will dye special colors for me, maybe they will continue the featherweights on a limited basis. From my point of view, all it might take is enough money to get them made, I dunno.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Don't give up on it yet Gents, if they will dye special colors for me, maybe they will continue the featherweights on a limited basis. From my point of view, all it might take is enough money to get them made, I dunno.

Gee Art, you sure can take the wind out of the sails of us pessimist.;)
Tom D.

My Latest Work of Art, the VS Wanderer in Pecan....

Same configuration as my Blue Smoke VS Wanderer but in Pecan ArtLite felt with a touch of Art's ribbon wizardry, 5 1/2 inch open crown with bound 2 3/4 inch brim, Stetson Playboy style ribbon, very close to Stetson Wanderer...
VSWanPecan6.jpg

VSWanPecan1.jpg

VSWanPecan2.jpg

VSWanPecan3.jpg

VSWanPecan4.jpg

VSWanPecan5.jpg

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very Sharp, Tom! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The ribbon seems to have a greenish cast to it on my monitor. Is it there?

BobC said:
Very Sharp, Tom! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The ribbon seems to have a greenish cast to it on my monitor. Is it there?
It does Bob, especially in sunlight & I guess with the flash. Normal room lighting, it appears to be a matching color to the felt, maybe a shade darker. In brighter lighting, the olive tones of the ribbon really come out. Love that it does!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe