Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
I've been looking at Art's hats for awhile and they are beautiful. If you are having a custom one done, what is the average turnaround time? Assuming nothing crazy is being asked.

anon`

One Too Many
FurFeltFedora said:
I've been looking at Art's hats for awhile and they are beautiful. If you are having a custom one done, what is the average turnaround time? Assuming nothing crazy is being asked.
I've heard it getting as high as about eight weeks, but I don't think I've ever waited longer than five, maybe six, tops.

univibe88

One Too Many
Interestingly there seems to be a trend for new buyers to go with Art doing the crease. Then experienced buyers move into open crowns.

I had Art do the crease on my 3. I have since redone 2 of them and have definitely decided my next will be open.

Stan

A-List Customer
Hi,

Here's my one and only VS, which I had Art initially do the creasing of, but later I altered it a bit:

VSOR.jpg

Now, I know I said I have 'one and only', but there is a second one. It's the one I ordered for my wife for our 10th wedding anniversary back in November 08:

VSLadies.jpg

I let Art do this one the whole way, except I wanted a Burgundy felt being as that's my wife's favorite color. When it arrived, the center crease had popped out, but it went right back to where it originally had been. That's one of the magic properties of felt. :)

And, no, I don't have the image flipped. The bow is on the right-hand side for ladies' hats.....

later!

Stan

TomS

One Too Many
Hi folks:
I'd thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new straw by Art. I like the hat quite a bit. The ribbon is actually navy blue, although it looks black in the pics.
Thanks to Art for all his patience with me!
Best,
Tom
IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
New Oxblood

In case you haven't visited the Oxblood hat thread, here are some pictures of Art's new Oxblood hat bodies. I'm sure finished hats will be posted here in the near future.

B

oxblood_1.jpg

oxblood_2.jpg

oxblood_3.jpg

oxblood_4.jpg

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
TomS said:
Hi folks:
I'd thought I'd post a couple of pics of my new straw by Art. I like the hat quite a bit. The ribbon is actually navy blue, although it looks black in the pics.
Thanks to Art for all his patience with me!
Best,
Tom

IMG_0434.jpg

Like the straw, Tom! Looks great! I like the bow on it, a lot. The way it's wrapped around the center looks really nice.

flute

Scott Wood

Practically Family
St.Ignatz said:
I'm in line for a 2 1/2 light weight natural w/ thin ribbon. I'm about to put a half dozen hats in the classifieds from 7 5/8 to 7. No room in house or budget until I cull the herd.
Tom D.
I've been thinking about doing that off and on for months, every time I go to do it I grab one and think: "better keep THAT one because..." and move to next which elicits: "better keep THIS one because...":eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe