Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An alternate Aeromarine??

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Here's the Aeromarine with pockets from the Sunburst....:D;)

marinefronsimpletsunbur.jpg

You guys are too kind. Out and about at the mo. I'll do some curved inset pockets when I get home.

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2JtdOXmGsEFhQ

Here's an A-1 style jacket from The Cockpit with similar Aeromarine design (button front, d-pocket handwarmers) for comparison.
Thor, that is a nice jacket.....whats it made of? I might check the site out....very nice indeed

thor

Call Me a Cab
Thor, that is a nice jacket.....whats it made of? I might check the site out....very nice indeed
The leather is a soft russet lamb skin (?); the A-1 was a limited (individually numbered!) jacket afew years ago so I'm not sure they ate still available. I have one in a size XL. Nice jacket!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab

You guys are too kind. Out and about at the mo. I'll do some curved inset pockets when I get home.

The leather is a soft russet lamb skin (?); the A-1 was a limited (individually numbered!) jacket afew years ago so I'm not sure they ate still available. I have one in a size XL. Nice jacket!
yep, cant find em...very nice mate.

Design aside, I can't stand pockets that don't hold anything. Those are almost all too small to hold much beyond some coins. I'm all for fashion, but not to the exclusion of function... but nice variations MM.

majormajor

One Too Many
Design aside, I can't stand pockets that don't hold anything. Those are almost all too small to hold much beyond some coins. I'm all for fashion, but not to the exclusion of function... but nice variations MM.

Hi Butte

I'm more than happy with my Aeromarine with the regular pockets. I can get my phone in one pocket, which is all I need really.
Put my hands in my jeans pockets, but I guess there are plenty of "hand warmer" fans out there. So, as long as you can get your hands in...

Edward

Bartender

That would look sharp with just a little button fastener, IMO. I have my eye on a standard Aquamarine in the ivory coloured leather eventually, though!

Hi Butte

I'm more than happy with my Aeromarine with the regular pockets. I can get my phone in one pocket, which is all I need really.
Put my hands in my jeans pockets, but I guess there are plenty of "hand warmer" fans out there. So, as long as you can get your hands in...

Yeah, I like the look of handwarmer pockets, though I don't generally use them. Different, I suppose on a longer jacket, but I usually find with my Aero leathers that the designs I have chosen are short enough not to require the handwarmers as handwarmers. I think if I was gonig to keep anything in them such as coins or whatever I would want a zip on there.

Hi ButteI'm more than happy with my Aeromarine with the regular pockets. I can get my phone in one pocket, which is all I need really.Put my hands in my jeans pockets, but I guess there are plenty of "hand warmer" fans out there. So, as long as you can get your hands in...
I don't use 'em for these paddles, but I like to put the phone, wallet in there. If they're big enough I like the last design, or a closer to vertical pocket like the Ventura.Hard to tell scale from the pics, so maybe they'd work!

pauleway

Practically Family
A few folks have suggested that Aero ought to produce an Aeromarine with some sort of handwarmer pockets.

Here's a quick knock up of what it might look like. I've used patch pockets, rather than inset - I just think it is more in keeping with the style. Other suggestions welcome:D;)

aeromock.jpg
As NBA star Anthony Hardaway once said "I Got Skills"! Well you obviously do too. I can't even post a picture without my daughter helping me!:eusa_doh::eusa_clap

Sir Jacket

Practically Family

Don't forget these are Depression-era jackets, when people didn't have two beans, let alone a mobile. Pockets were probably just for show, 'cause they had nothing to put in them.

majormajor

One Too Many
OK, I've taken the suggestions on board. Here's the Aeromarine with curved pockets, complete with buttons and loops........

marinecurvedpockets.jpg

:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld