Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Overload

The Shoe

One Too Many
200+ USD for an Akubra is asking a lot.

I will continue to support them though - it’s worth it to have at least one source for reliable, replaceable hats. I still don’t know how my modern Stetson would perform in the rain and I don’t intend to find out. At least not as long as I have an Akubra to lean on instead.
I got my Cattleman for about $US14, and my Snowy River and vintage Stylemaster for about $30 each. The local markets haven’t been throwing up prices like that for some time, though.

The Shoe

One Too Many
I tell a lie. There are some great deals on second hand Akubras on the Japanese Merukari (Mercali) site. Nothing in a 59 or 60, so not for me, but there are a couple of bigger ones, and some in 57 and 58 if anyone is interested. I could probably even act as a proxy for members I’m familiar with.

Mark_O

New in Town
I tell a lie. There are some great deals on second hand Akubras on the Japanese Merukari (Mercali) site. Nothing in a 59 or 60, so not for me, but there are a couple of bigger ones, and some in 57 and 58 if anyone is interested. I could probably even act as a proxy for members I’m familiar with.
Any in size 62?

RockyR

Familiar Face
It certainly hasn't stopped me, that's for sure (arrived today)...

As always, thanks to the Katoomba team (and Patrick for the bash).

#staytuned #akubras

1000004194.jpg

T Rick

Practically Family
Finally had a chance to unpack (one must savour these things) and to take some 'rough' shots...

Akimbo Fed IV's deluxe (size 60) with the classic 1930s bash (but with a cheeky country style brim)

Which to wear first...

View attachment 626616 View attachment 626617 View attachment 626618 View attachment 626619 View attachment 626620 View attachment 626621
Beautiful! I'm waiting for a brown Fed IV Deluxe myself, looking forward to it. Will bash similar to yours. I already have a standard Fed IV, but wanted a Deluxe too, to add to my "Indy" collection, which I wear daily in moderate to cool temps (Also have an Advintage Harrison and a Herbert Johnson Destiny Poet).

I should get a gray one to go with them.

CRH

Call Me a Cab
I recently watched "Bullets or Ballots" on TCM and was hence reminded that it need a Fed lV. Man the felt quality in this movie is superb and lots of it. Bogart was definitely getting his thin front crease on.

bullets_or_ballots_photo_0-771677937.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many

GuitarGuy99

One of the Regulars
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom