Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Natural CXL HH J-106/KotR/Indian Mix Biker Jacket

Khilij

One of the Regulars
Absolutely wonderful evolution of a spectacular jacket! That red carpet photo is fantastic as well. You're rocking it!

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
haha I only meant that I'm not sure if I can pull off a cross zip but if I ever go down that road I'd sure like to try with a pattern like yours

As with all these things, it's fake-it-till-you-make it.

I was a super shy kid, and I started to wear a brimmed hat to "practice being brave." I was shy to get a leather Jacket, but I reckoned, this is also practicing being brave. Then I was shy to go from the wool Tilley to the leather cowboy hat I have now, but I told myself again, good practice being brave!

I teach gradeschool English and wear this outfit to work--and I tell my students the same story: we're all shy and afraid, and I'm no less shy or afraid, had my share of teasing and bullying as a kid, but practicing being brave--this is something that's worth practicing for all of us.

-F

Khilij

One of the Regulars
As with all these things, it's fake-it-till-you-make it.

I was a super shy kid, and I started to wear a brimmed hat to "practice being brave." I was shy to get a leather Jacket, but I reckoned, this is also practicing being brave. Then I was shy to go from the wool Tilley to the leather cowboy hat I have now, but I told myself again, good practice being brave!

I teach gradeschool English and wear this outfit to work--and I tell my students the same story: we're all shy and afraid, and I'm no less shy or afraid, had my share of teasing and bullying as a kid, but practicing being brave--this is something that's worth practicing for all of us.

-F
Well said!

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
I love how @Feliksas drops by here once a year and just blows the place up with this jacket. This has to be be, along with @navetsea natural hide jacket, the best self-aged jacket on TFL. It makes me feel like a faker wearing vintage, lol.

I love this forum, and feel we're all striving for the same thing--I wish I could give more time to posting, but I suppose that what we wear and how we wear it shows the way. What I have is the implied journey with this custom J-106 and Type III :)

Leather_nube

Familiar Face
Well lads, another year down, and another photo to show the evolution of this jacket! Coming up to 5 years that she's with me. This is from 2024-02-06, my buddy's film premier earlier this week:

View attachment 588618
the rucksack from savotta? I've got a Jääkäri.

Inspired by your unfinished horse hide type 3 I've ordered a western shirt in the same leather. Looking forward to beating the crap out of it and seeing what it turns into.

Feliksas

One of the Regulars
the rucksack from savotta? I've got a Jääkäri.

Inspired by your unfinished horse hide type 3 I've ordered a western shirt in the same leather. Looking forward to beating the crap out of it and seeing what it turns into.

Yes, it is the Jaakari M! Although it was my first love, the XL has taken its place.

Wax and neatsfoot oil will help break in that unfinished leather shirt of yours - where did you get yours?

Good luck!

F

Leather_nube

Familiar Face

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philheaton