Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman Premier

Gerard Dow

New in Town
I want to get this same highwayman premier in goatskin. It's so tight, I cant really stand up straight by the way it's cut. Im just not cut out to wear in one myself..... lol... this has never left me house.... How much should I sell it for????????

Attachments

• IMG_1175.jpeg
    IMG_1175.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    540.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1161.jpeg
    IMG_1161.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1162.jpeg
    IMG_1162.jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1163.jpeg
    IMG_1163.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    941.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1172.jpeg
    IMG_1172.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1180.jpeg
    IMG_1180.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1183.jpeg
    IMG_1183.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 13

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
Friend, the premier runs trim. The regular 1950's model runs big in my experiences with it. I feel it did not work for you. Regarding price, the highwayman fetches a little more in HH. The price usually depends on condition, hide, size and color. Maybe if you search the sales forum or eBay, it can give you a good estimation of the selling price.
GlWS.

Gerard Dow

New in Town
Friend, the premier runs trim. The regular 1950's model runs big in my experiences with it. I feel it did not work for you. Regarding price, the highwayman fetches a little more in HH. The price usually depends on condition, hide, size and color. Maybe if you search the sales forum or eBay, it can give you a good estimation of the selling price.
Thank you! Im going to try and im not going to order one in goat skin

4444Design

A-List Customer
If you wanna get my "2 cents" i'm with the guys - the cut does simply not match your body - i'd try maybe a halfbelt or something or the highwayman????

I would get what you can for it and avoid the HWM family of jackets all together. I don't think either model is cut well. Aero has much better alternatives and the HWM, while it should be a "safe" choice, has way more misses than hits and both patterns are poor IMO. I had both, probably my least favorite jackets ever (not including a bunch of crappy 5 Stars which were the absolute worst).

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Your jacket is still brand new. You can contact Aero and ask for a return/exchange. You will lose the return shipping but it will still be better than holding onto it and finding the right buyer imo.

This size/cut does not work for you. Has nothing to do with the leather. What you got there now looks like some type medium weight hide, Vicenza? Going to goatskin will not solve the size/cut issues.

It would also help if you share your fit photos with Aero and see what their suggestion on size/cut is as they would know their jackets best. But based on my own Highwayman jackets, your PHwyman is too tight at the top half, and a bit loose at the bottom half. There are other Aero cuts that will work for you better, but they don't have a Highwayman in that kind of cut, unless it is a custom. Which I think they would benefit from one more Highwayman variant to cover this group of customers, myself included in it.

The current stock PHwyman has curve only on the side panels, but no curve in the back panel. And on my body, this creates a balloon much like yours. My suggestion for custom would be to go up one size from what you got now, taper it down to your current jacket size, but most importantly with the same curve on both side and back panel to get rid of that balloon. The silhouette will be very similar to that of a Hooch Hauler but with Highwayman design.
IMG_6357.jpg

Gerard Dow

New in Town
How much did you buy it for? If it's not a secret

Your jacket is still brand new. You can contact Aero and ask for a return/exchange. You will lose the return shipping but it will still be better than holding onto it and finding the right buyer imo.

This size/cut does not work for you. Has nothing to do with the leather. What you got there now looks like some type medium weight hide, Vicenza? Going to goatskin will not solve the size/cut issues.

It would also help if you share your fit photos with Aero and see what their suggestion on size/cut is as they would know their jackets best. But based on my own Highwayman jackets, your PHwyman is too tight at the top half, and a bit loose at the bottom half. There are other Aero cuts that will work for you better, but they don't have a Highwayman in that kind of cut, unless it is a custom. Which I think they would benefit from one more Highwayman variant to cover this group of customers, myself included in it.

The current stock PHwyman has curve only on the side panels, but no curve in the back panel. And on my body, this creates a balloon much like yours. My suggestion for custom would be to go up one size from what you got now, taper it down to your current jacket size, but most importantly with the same curve on both side and back panel to get rid of that balloon. The silhouette will be very similar to that of a Hooch Hauler but with Highwayman design.
View attachment 641081
Hey! Thanks for that information I ordered it from thurston two years ago- I doubt aero would want me to ship it to Scotland and there’s no way Carrie is going to take it back in Seattle :/

She did reply to me because I emailed her and she said the same thing everyone else is saying here, not my fit. She suggested half belt. ( I REALLY wish she told me that when she sent the the fit jacket prior to me ordering the HWM)

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
What would you suggest?????
In all honesty? No Aero at all. They are just not comfortable to wear, far better alternatives out there.

You could grab a Vanson Ike or Vanson Enfield for a casual center zip jacket, Vanson has their tough competition weight in black but if you prefer brown, they also have a selection of other hides available as custom order.

Johnson Leather Barneveld Remix is a great casual jacket too.

If you are from Europe, you might want to talk to Thedi Leathers, with Aeros recent price increases they are almost same price effectively due to tax and duty from UK.

MrProper

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 641081

I don't think a PHWM should be too long under any circumstances. Mine are rather short at the back and have a front drop. This works quite well. But depending on which trousers I wear or stand in, I sometimes have the creases around my lower back. I like my PHWM, but I can understand that it's not suitable for everyone.
IMG_7169.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrichards1007