Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

advice for a newbie in Boston

minus_273

New in Town
Daisy Buchanan said:
Hiya Minus,
I really don't know where to get a great Fed, because I'm a lady (at least I like to think I am:) ). But, being from Boston, I just wanted to welcome you to the lounge. I am Daisy Buchanan, but you can call me Spiely. I am the roommate of Hemingway Jones, and he just informed me that there was another vintage fan from Boston on line. There are so few of us! I just wanted to say Hello
Well, Hello and Welcome
Spiely

Hello Spiely. Thank you.

minus_273

New in Town
Hemingway Jones said:
I can't help you with the conversion, but it does sound about right. My head is almost identical to yours and I wear a 7 3/8 or a 7 1/2 depending on brand.
The vintage shop is at the corner of Cyprus and Rt. 9.
;)

i saw rt 9 and i think ooh huntington ave. Then i look at a map and realize that the E doesnt even go out that far :-/ . Never realized that the E didn't go all the way out on Rt 9 like it does on beacon St and Comm ave.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I should've read the whole thread!

Oh silly me, I should've read the entire thread. I just want to say that I have bought 2 beautiful hats from Aaron during a trip to North Conway last fall with HJ. He has an incredible selection for both men and woman, and the service was superb! I actually have some pictures, if you want to see what great ladies hats he has, fot the ladies in your lives (I only have pics of one) http://homepage.mac.com/glickc1/PhotoAlbum39.html

As for a meeting in the Mt. Washington area, you can count me in. HJ and I used to get up there a few times a month, but life happens, and we had to cut back on our road trips:cry: I would love to get up that way, and enjoy it more if we had a mini FL summit! Count me in, and maybe I'll invite Hem with me:p
Spiely

rick5150

One of the Regulars
And I seem to remember Mt Washington hotel having an awesome breakfast buffet!

How about a summit at Mt. Washington itself? Pretty good view looking back over Lakes of the Clouds Hut, Mt. Monroe, Franklin & Eisenhower.

Or even better - have a summit at Mt. Chocorua where you are only a short distance from North Conway and Aaron's Hats. After the hike, just down the road is Adventuresuites with some really unique rooms. We've stayed at 4 of them. Not cheap, but fun and very different. Just what you need after a long hike is a soak in one of the hot tubs. The Jungle is preferred for soaks. Larger parties may want the Motorcycle Madness room with the 7-person hot-tub. The other rooms have various sized hot tubs and jacuzzis.

Take in dinner at Stonehurst Manor if you want a little bit of class or the Muddy Moose if you like a looser, less formal atmosphere. The next day - and here is what you cannot miss - breakfast at Guldie's. More than you'll ever eat in one sitting, unless you are a glutton. Huge servings. Finally, before you head home, stop in after to pick up a hat or two at Aarons.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aaron Hats said:
Rick, Sounds perfect except I prefer breakfast at Yesterdays in Jackson. Living here I know some things about people I'd rather not. :cool2:

mmmmmm, breakfast at yesterdays, sounds good to me. Stop talking about Mt. Washington Valley, I'm about to get in the car and drive up there. You all are making me miss my favorite place!
So, Mt. Washington Valley Summit should be planned. It should also include the alpine slides (if anyones up for it), it'd be fun to see all those feds flying down the mountain! and dinner/drinks at MOAT.

Dalexs

Practically Family
Well, sorry minus_273,
but it looks like we've pretty much derailed this thread!

We should definately plan something. Just say when and where.
I'm game.
Heck, I'll even do a Mt Washington, Lake in the Crowds weekend.
Haven't done that in a few years!

Maybe we should start a new thread somewhere else though...

minus_273

New in Town
this thread ..

this thread is pretty much finished anyway. I guess the best way to end it is by directing you to my avatar. Thats the hat I got form Aaron the other day and I love it. Thanks Aaron!

PS I really do go to work dressed like that. Will be great on sunday when the indian summer ends and the snow starts falling again.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe