Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fedora Lounge Akubra Hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Navy Blue or Green
5 3/4 Crown
2 1/2 Brim with raw edge
16 ligne contrasting ribbon (or even 12, which would be closest to the logo I think, unless I'm seeing it wrong)
Fancy liner

That's about as close as it comes tothe Fedora Lounge logo hat...I say let's go for it!

Stoney

Practically Family
We need a poll or two here to ensure that the majority of lounge members would be happy with it, but I'm fine with the above specs. Many member are reading and only a few are posting here. So how do we initiate the polls?

Also once we the people are happy we need to contact Sator and make sure that the specs are acceptable to the manufacturer and vendor.

It's nearly Miller Time ...:beer:

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Before any definitive moves are made.

Please hold. Bartenders are currently in discussion regarding this, as it is our primary responsibility to protect the lounge and its members.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
shoeshineboy said:
maybe we could make it open crown if we wish to...

mark the shoeshine boy
Seconded! It would be a great way to keep them all from looking alike! Going around under an instantly recognizable, uniformly bashed "Official Fedora Lounge Hat" strikes me as a touch too Mickey Mouse for the likes of a lively group like us.

jml90

One of the Regulars
Zohar said:
Please hold. Bartenders are currently in discussion regarding this, as it is our primary responsibility to protect the lounge and its members.
We've already established it will not be 'official'.

Stoney

Practically Family
Fletch said:
Seconded! It would be a great way to keep them all from looking alike! Going around under an instantly recognizable, uniformly bashed "Official Fedora Lounge Hat" strikes me as a touch too Mickey Mouse for the likes of a lively group like us.

Fletch, I agree. Each should be recognizable as the same hat but yet unique to each individual's style like any good hat.

But remember this is an unofficial hat, just being put together by like minded folks and does not represent the views of The Fedora Lounge, Classic Style Magazine and it's ownership or an endorsement of any particular vendor.

I am hoping that we will see the FL hat pins in the on-line store soon. If not we could order a pack of matches cut out the logo and glue it to the ribbon. On second thought maybe not a good idea there.

R

Red Beard

Yeah, open crown would be great. I really hope this thing happens, I love the idea.

Can I ask you, Zohar, if you wanted us to hold because discussion is underway to make this hat "official" for the Fedora Lounge, or for another reason?

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
Stoney said:
Fletch, I agree. Each should be recognizable as the same hat but yet unique to each individual's style like any good hat.

But remember this is an unofficial hat, just being put together by like minded folks and does not represent the views of The Fedora Lounge, Classic Style Magazine and it's ownership or an endorsement of any particular vendor.

I am hoping that we will see the FL hat pins in the on-line store soon. If not we could order a pack of matches cut out the logo and glue it to the ribbon. On second thought maybe not a good idea there.

actually you could do that....just send the match cover to someone who makes campaign buttons or the like and you would have your hat pin already made....they do it all the time with photos at the mall and places like that...

mark the shoeshine boy

Stoney

Practically Family
Ummm.

This is not an official hat..

MK has no problem with us loungers getting a hat made as long as it in not a Fedora Lounge hat.

Let's just re-title the thread as "Loungers designing a hat"

We are not endorsing any vendors here. As a matter of fact any vendors who care to read this thread are quite welcome to supply a hat with these specifications.The only reason that this thread has continued is due the poor selection of factory hats currently available. As to us being able to buy any hat we wish I assume that includes this one.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, it was agreed way back in the thread at MK's request that the 'official' notion be dropped. Are the Bartenders stating that they do not wish the forum to be used to give design input on a special order hat in any way? I would think this a good way to encourage a new hat dealer to join the fold.

Simon82

One of the Regulars
Let's retitle the thread or have it moved to "Merchants"

First off, I understand the awkwardness this raises regarding existing sponsors. For that reason, simply saying, "This is NOT an official FL fedora" seems sufficient.

I know that there are sponsors on this forum, though I'm only aware of a few hatters/hat shops. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of them offers a large selection of Akubras -- and most of the hats available are the modern Borsalinos, Stetsons and other factory hats that many long-established members here have questioned regarding their quality, considering the higher prices. That's not the vendors' fault, but can't alternatives be discussed?[huh]

I currently own a terrific Vintage Silhouettes custom fedora, and plan to buy another when I can afford it. But what made this offer attractive was the combination of price; the chance for a specific, original design from a factory hat maker; plus the known quality of Akubras (again, a cursory glance at old threads shows a consensus that Akubra offers one of the best modern hats for the price-point).

I'm not trying to step on toes here -- again, I understand the delicate situation -- but can't this thread at least be moved to the Merchants section?

Stoney

Practically Family
Hat Parameters: Brim Finish

Recent discussion in another thread concerning the manufacture of a lounge designed hat has prompted me to take a poll on the parameters that would make an ideal hat. This poll is for the type of finish on the brim. Let's see what the overall preference is.

Stoney

Practically Family
Hat Parameters: Ribbon Size

Recent discussion in another thread concerning the manufacture of a lounge designed hat has prompted me to take a poll on the parameters that would make an ideal hat. This poll is for the ribbon size. Let's see what the overall preference is.

Stoney

Practically Family
Hat Parameters: Crown Height

Recent discussion in another thread concerning the manufacture of a lounge designed hat has prompted me to take a poll on the parameters that would make an ideal hat. This poll is for the height of the crown. Let's see what the overall preference is.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
Good idea (really!), but wouldn't it be even more practical to do this for more specific styles, like "fourties", "thirties", "dress", "country" or the like? I'm asking because people might like two styles, and so check "high crown" here and "wide brim" in the other poll, while they'd never combine the two feature in the same hat.

But this is only an addition - it's a good idea to get more concrete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally