Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1930's sports fashion

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
whitepantsfront.jpg

I just picked up this 'new old stock' '40s pair on eBay for $11.
Keep your eyes open. I was lucky- these are 36"x33" and just what I was looking for.
I don't know where you are but it might be worth enquiring at this online vendor-
http://www.reprovintageclothing.com/index2.html

Keep looking.

BT.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cool boating team sweats from 1912

This is another cool ref shot I have been looking at for inspiration. 1912 was the year the Titanic sank on its maiden voyage from Southampton to New York. Hope these Yale rowers had more luck.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
506 (Easy Coy) sweat

This one isn't going to be used, as it's just not right. But if gives you an idea of where my mind is heading (a company would not have had an individual sweat in those days, a Bn. or Regt might have). Oh, you guessed it, it's 506 PIR, not 516!! apologies for disinformation on a Sunday afternoon!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
506th PIR, I hope...

506th Paddy- with a '0'.
I hope you didn't get any 516th PIR Sweats printed.

I have a couple of vintage-repro '30s Football jerseys, which are quite nice.
I like the vintage athletic angle too- it's the graphics-

I'll see if I can find something in the graphical resource area for you too.

Check out this one for vintage athletic inspiration-
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=52393&item=8300204185&rd=1

Cheers Big Ears.

Do you know why Noddy paid a ransom to the Elephants?

BT.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Is there a good source for

Bumping this thread.
I'm looking for old-timey college sweatshirts or sweaters. Ivy league would be nice, Or University of Nebraska, or Oxford, etc. Doesn't matter, as long as it has that 20's racoon coat sort of look, or, better yet:
TMGH.jpg

Anyone know a good source?

Daniel Riser

A-List Customer
Buy knitting patterns :cool:

Paddy, if you recreate those yale sweaters I'm down for like... ten! I have wanted one of those things forever. I found one in a Seattle Antique shop about a month ago it was an awesome black and yellow with such an art deco 20's label in it but alas... it was TINY, and I'm not a big guy.

Also...

Revamp makes cream trousers and if you're patient enough; our own Shanghi Jack is in the process of making 100% authentic recreations of 30's, 40's and 50's trousers. One pattern he has is from 1936 and will be available in... cream!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Ha ha... The 'P' sweater was a new buy a couple of years ago. There's an overpriced sportswear company over here called 'Peak Performance',
'P' for Peak, not Princeton or whatever... bought it from an outlet 6 months after it was trendy...

The other one is genuine vintage of course, from a New Mexico College but I can't remember what the 'W' stands for...

B
T

Mycroft

One Too Many
BellyTank said:
Ha ha... The 'P' sweater was a new buy a couple of years ago. There's an overpriced sportswear company over here called 'Peak Performance',
'P' for Peak, not Princeton or whatever... bought it from an outlet 6 months after it was trendy...

The other one is genuine vintage of course, from a New Mexico College but I can't remember what the 'W' stands for...

B
T

Western?

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Back in the day...

Abercrombie and Fitch was known for great sports wear, especially their swimming shorts. Of course now all you see is the useless schlock that they peddle. But I guess that is the way of most clothing makers that have been around too long.

Cheers!

Dan

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
If you were to take some of their stuff by itself, then it's not so bad... It's just when you put an entire Ambercrombie outfit together that one cringes.

For instance, this sweater looks halfway decent to me, but then I've not really gotten into more than just the general "classic" look yet, that and I've never seen any really old stuff:

11835_01_b.jpg

L_H

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally