Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

10,000 posts

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
Pink Dahlia said:
No have you noticed his numbers change. My theory is he deletes old posts to keep his numbers at 9999 or 9998.

I wonder if this "surprise" will require two posts, hence the deletion to bring him down to 9998. I guess we'll find out soon (unless this is all an effort by Marc to turn this into the longest thread on the Lounge. I don't know what the longest thread is, but I'm sure that this one has quite a way to go to catch up.)

S

Samsa

Pink Dahlia said:
No have you noticed his numbers change. My theory is he deletes old posts to keep his numbers at 9999 or 9998.

I don't think this can be true, as his last post was days ago. Plus, as I understand it you can only delete your most recent posts. There's no "edit" or "delete" option for one's really old posts - at least not that I can see.

Starring Marc Chevalier as Samuel Beckett

godot.jpg

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Samsa said:
I don't think this can be true, as his last post was days ago. Plus, as I understand it you can only delete your most recent posts. There's no "edit" or "delete" option for one's really old posts - at least not that I can see.

Right but before days ago his number was 9999 and now it's 9998. There's a deletion somewhere.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
SinatraStyle said:
I don't know what the longest thread is, but I'm sure that this one has quite a way to go to catch up.)

Easy. "Show us your purchases!" in the Powder Room. 237 pages, 3500 replies, almost 100,000 hits!

S

Samsa

J. M. Stovall said:
Marc left once before for a while. I think he's taking the sub 10,000 milestone as a good reason for another break.

Then he's starting to sound like the boy who cried "wolf." He's left TWICE before. And he always comes back... If he makes another "I'm leaving" announcement, no one will believe him!

SinatraStyle

A-List Customer
scotrace said:
Easy. "Show us your purchases!" in the Powder Room. 237 pages, 3500 replies, almost 100,000 hits!

Ah, that explains why I didn't know...No Guy's Allowed. Thank you for the reply, Scotrace. That sure is a lot of traffic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conley