Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
Sir Ridley

20220313_102044.jpg
20220313_102124.jpg
20220313_102206.jpg

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seriously, dude. Anyone considering a Five Star would do well to research that thread good and hard, because having a Five Star made is, ahem, idiosyncratic at best
Thank you for the advice. I would likely measure my jackets and ask them to make an exact copy. The choice of hide is what pushed me away when the brand first came up here. Now HH on Ton's seems very acceptable.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Wear To The Beach Today?

Big waves late in the day pushed me back to shore short of my 1/2 mile mark swimming yesterday. After the lifeguards go home I am always a bit more cautious.

Lots of excitement Friday at my local beach. Helicopters, zodiacs, jet ski's all out searching for someone in the water.

Brooks. It's in the classified if any bug guys want a good deal.

IMG_0313.jpeg
IMG_0316.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I am pretty sure the guy who had this jacket custom made for himself in Ventura California sometime in the 1950s did not wear it with seersucker shorts and plastic Birkenstocks.
When I worked as a Chef I would frequently respond to the critiques from the floor, good or bad, "There is no accounting for taste."
I am going to wear it in my Prius down to the beach if a few minutes.
IMG_0437.JPG
IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0502.JPG

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
What Jacket Did You Wear To The Beach Today?

Big waves late in the day pushed me back to shore short of my 1/2 mile mark swimming yesterday. After the lifeguards go home I am always a bit more cautious.

Lots of excitement Friday at my local beach. Helicopters, zodiacs, jet ski's all out searching for someone in the water.

Brooks. It's in the classified if any bug guys want a good deal.

View attachment 409643 View attachment 409644 View attachment 409645 View attachment 409646
About backgrounds....your’s are iconic. Now maybe after your 1/2mile swims you could stroll the 1/2 mile beach and catch some iconic wahines in the background. For contrast of course.
B

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

Call Me a Cab
I am pretty sure the guy who had this jacket custom made for himself in Ventura California sometime in the 1950s did not wear it with seersucker shorts and plastic Birkenstocks.
When I worked as a Chef I would frequently respond to the critiques from the floor, good or bad, "There is no accounting for taste."
I am going to wear it in my Prius down to the beach if a few minutes. View attachment 409701 View attachment 409702 View attachment 409703 View attachment 409704
Don't be so sure. Ventura is a surfer town. The main shop was probably less than a mile or two away from the ocean. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some old polaroids of guys in long hair rocking their jackets by the pier LOL.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
About backgrounds....your’s are iconic. Now maybe after your 1/2mile swims you could stroll the 1/2 mile beach and catch some iconic wahines in the background. For contrast of course.
B
I just have to make sure it is tourists in the background. The Uncles don’t like you taking selfies in front of their daughters….or granddaughters.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace