Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Casual double rider jacket - SB Oakland, or Aero King of the Road?

NamoAmituofo

New in Town
Very fair comments and sound advice.

To me the aero HWM is a rainy windy cold wintery day jacket (about 70% of the year in London!)

And I just want another jacket for the sunny weather - you know, nice tan glowing under the sun but not baking hot yet (about 10% of the year).

The remaining 20% is sweaty humid cloudy sticky London/Indian summer - t shirt and shorts, or at best linen shirt and shorts. The only occasion I’d wear two layer during this sticky weather is for a wedding (would be unlined linen jacket).

So most likely KoTR in a pinnacle cognac . There is no price info on pinnacle assume it’s not crazy expensive otherwise I’ll go for natural HH CXL

I think natural HH CXL resembles ladies Louis Vuitton handbag handles - started bland, but after lots of wear and sun it develops very nice tan shades

It’s a good day as lots of good thought process going on - bad ideas eliminated - making progress

I’ll post pics of the new aero samples when I get them

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just to clarify, the KotR will always run warmer than the HWM, regardless of material, because you have much more leather on you, layered and held close to your body.

The HWM with its intentionally boxy fit is probably the closest to a summer wear leather jacket shape that you're going to find.

MrProper

I can only speak for myself, but the warmer the weather, the lighter it should be for me. If only so that I can carry it easily over my shoulder or arm when it gets too warm to wear it during the day. I think the loud Badalassi is great, but too stiff for that. Vincenza would be fine, but my Crosszip from Vicenza looks too warm for me. At the moment, the only option is the LL Corsair made from veg tanned sheep. For a summer jacket, I would probably go for goat.

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Just to clarify, the KotR will always run warmer than the HWM, regardless of material, because you have much more leather on you, layered and held close to your body.

The HWM with its intentionally boxy fit is probably the closest to a summer wear leather jacket shape that you're going to find.

Yeah, light goat HWM with a cotton lining and no storm cuffs would probably be the best option.

I wore a Wested in India in Summer weather (actually February; looking ta locals in Winter coats at 20 Celsius nearly gave me heatstroke). Similar reasoning to this. Similar shape to the HWM, loose enough it, no knits.

Actually, I recall a time when I had both an Aero Goat A2 with the silk-cotton lining, and an Aero AN6552 in the same goathide, but with a satin lining and a mouton collar. The latter was a significantly warmer jacket to wear, the non-breathable satin liner and the mouton collar doing a significant amount of heavy lifting on that front. Surprised me how much difference there was, actually.

El Marro

Leaving aside the chance of them messing up, at the end of the day you're going to be throwing down 80% of the cost to get a jacket that is not the jacket you wanted. That is the road to regret.
Truer words were never spoken! I have proven this to myself with hand tools, guns, and leather jackets. In almost every case I went back later and bought the item that I truly coveted from the beginning.

NamoAmituofo

New in Town
Samples showdown

Left to right,

Row 1 - CXL steer brown, goat rust suede, goat russet

Row 2 - Blattwerk mahogany, badalassi russet, CXL HH natural

Row 3 - mustang natural, Vincenza russet, pinnacle cognac

IMG_9281.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member