Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Texas de Brazil?... hope you had a good meal! Im kind of glad I dont live near one anymore... Something about nonstop meat brought t the table is hard to resist
Lol - took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. The photos were taken at one of those outdoor malls - the fountain is immediately in front of the cinema. I caught a matinee today of “The Fall Guy”.

Sounds like I’m lucky not to be big meat eater or I’d be in that restaurant quite often…

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Grey striped blazer 005.JPG

This hat, was one of the first that Gamble & Gunn made for me. At first I was disappointed with it, then my lady said that she could re-block it, and did.

Grey striped blazer 002.JPG

I had better mention, knowing that she will read this thread, she made the trousers and shirt too.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
I gotta echo the other comments - that hat with that suit on you are showstoppers, Steve. And the pin is great too - does it have a significance?
Thank you so much, Nathan.

The pin is the Johnny Walker "striding man".

20240509_003745.jpg

It's significance is, I like Top Hats and Whisky :)

20240509_004456.jpg

I also have this circa 1930s print of a Tom Browne 1905-10 sports advert for Johnny Walker.

20240509_003821.jpg

Tom Browne created various scenarios of the Johnny Walker man in several sports scenes. This one being my favourite as it has a very Scottish connection.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Thank you so much, Nathan.

The pin is the Johnny Walker "striding man".

View attachment 612593

It's significance is, I like Top Hats and Whisky :)

View attachment 612592

I also have this circa 1930s print of a Tom Browne 1905-10 sports advert for Johnny Walker.

View attachment 612594

Tom Browne created various scenarios of the Johnny Walker man in several sports scenes. This one being my favourite as it has a very Scottish connection.
Very nice collection Steve!

I did not recognize the pin but I totally see it now - that’s great, thanks for explaining.

RickP

Familiar Face
Lol - took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. The photos were taken at one of those outdoor malls - the fountain is immediately in front of the cinema. I caught a matinee today of “The Fall Guy”.

Sounds like I’m lucky not to be big meat eater or I’d be in that restaurant quite often…
If you do feel like steak, Texas de Brazil is a great Brazillian steakhouse. A tad pricey, but worth every penny! One of my cousins in Huntsville drags her husband there a couple times a year lol ( at least she CLAIMS that she has to drag him lol)

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
If you do feel like steak, Texas de Brazil is a great Brazillian steakhouse. A tad pricey, but worth every penny! One of my cousins in Huntsville drags her husband there a couple times a year lol ( at least she CLAIMS that she has to drag him lol)
Thanks for the tip Rick, I might try it with a family member one day soon. If we do go, I’ll let you know what we think.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Very nice collection Steve!

I did not recognize the pin but I totally see it now - that’s great, thanks for explaining.
Another interesting feature is that in both the print and the pin, the Johnny Walker man is holding a lorgnette. Usually, he's more often tipping his hat.

In the print, it seems to be a one eyed glass lorgnette. While in the pin it's a double.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Another interesting feature is that in both the print and the pin, the Johnny Walker man is holding a lorgnette. Usually, he's more often tipping his hat.

In the print, it seems to be a one eyed glass lorgnette. While in the pin it's a double.
That curling scene is fantastic - it would be a favorite for me as well.

I played a concrete version of it in Melbourne with the Australian “stockschiessen” team. They were all Austrians, it was great fun. None of us had lorgnette’s though….

rogueclimber

One of the Regulars
Pseudo-whippet Wednesday.

I have struggled to find the right bash for my King’s Umbrella custom job. I don’t think I will ever order another crown taller than 5-5/8. This 5-3/4 is wasted on me: I’ve dropped it all the way down and I like it a lot better this way.

I am Including an interior shot even though there are no markings because this is probably the most comfortable and attractive interior I own.

If Alan starts making hats again for the same price, I highly recommend it.
View attachment 612553
View attachment 612554
View attachment 612556
View attachment 612557
View attachment 612558
Those blues, what a combo, and the interior? So understated yet so elegant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff