Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Working On Today?

RickP

Familiar Face
I’ve been working on my brim binding and I’m now at the stage where it’s consistently good. I can’t get good quality grosgrain here in the UK so use Petersham instead.
Nice stitching! are you doing by hand or machine? Brim binding / sewing is my next big learning experience. I just figured out how to use a smaller needle on my cylinder arm leather machine to sew in leather sweatbands...I felt like I owned the world when I finished the first one! lol

BigHat

New in Town
Nice stitching! are you doing by hand or machine? Brim binding / sewing is my next big learning experience. I just figured out how to use a smaller needle on my cylinder arm leather machine to sew in leather sweatbands...I felt like I owned the world when I finished the first one! lol
Hi Rick. I used a sewing machine which has a start/stop button. It allows me to stitch at a very slow speed so I can concentrate on following the binding edge accurately. Yes it’s a great feeling when you nail another part of the hat making process.

RickP

Familiar Face
Reworked free-to-me Stetson "Gus". Reblocked to get rid of the front crease and trimmed a full inch off the brim (now 3"). Seriously thinking of reducing the brim just a bit more. The panama band is temporary, but its growing on me

View attachment 610680
View attachment 610679
Wore it around today and it still looked just a bit big...Got home and took another 1/2" off brim... now 2 1/2"... Im just NOT a cowboy lol
Compress_20240501_170353_3682.jpg
Compress_20240501_170353_3978.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy