Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Maiden voyage for my "new" peacoat: dog-walking in the freezing fog this morning. Dobbs Twenty.

2464f11b1b0b92131326559664.jpeg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Ale - that Borsalino is a super hat. The felt and ribbon colours work really well together.

Randall - Neat colour combo on your Dobbs as well.

Stratoliner for me this afternoon. Finally starting to look like winter in New Hampshire.

IMG2850-L.jpg

Shohei

Familiar Face
Thanks for the kind words again gents.

jbucklin that hat looks awesome on!

Aureliano Beautiful Borsalino - colour and shape, and I 100% agree with RBH on the wind trolley.

Nice pea coat and great Dobbs! Im not a member of the FBI (lol) yet but I did notice that mirror behind you showing off some lids, is that your collection?

David, love the Stratoliner on you.

Today my wife and I took the kids out for lunch, a bribe really so we could visit the local antique shop, found a vintage lid in there, olive colour, felt braided band...band size 7, hat a kid in each hand to save the store so I did not get much more info before we had to jet. Not my style but I plan to venture back and check the price and get a picture.

Chose the open road today (yeah, I still cannot bring myself to part with it like I told my wife I would) may try a different bash in the near future (thanks for the idea Benzadmiral!)

6696542275_226a456577_z.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Manfred, Shohei, thanks for the Stratoliner comments.

So no Strats to be found in Germany, Manfred? That's a shame since it is one of the nicer Stetson designs.

They come up on US eBay quite often, although the sellers often have unrealistic ideas as to what they can sell them for. The seller of my grey one originally wanted $300 and I ended up paying about $70. There's one on eBay at the moment with a $450 price - crazy.

Shohie - Aureliano is quite right, there is no way you should get rid of that OR. Remind your wife it is one of the all time classics and get her to agree that you look good in it. Cook dinner for her or something and get her on your side!

randooch

I'll Lock Up
My brother took this picture of a woolie I gave him a while back. He was literally "afield" grubbing out blackberry plants that threatened to consume the 1942 Chevy upon which the hat rests.

mail

Wow... what an exception bunch of photos today. They really show off the fine hats. DJH, Aureliano, Randooch, Javier - well done.

Lefty, what are you feeding that puppy? Great picture!

I drove 150 miles through the snow today to hang a show of my prints. It's the first exhibition of personal work that I've mounted in 35 years. Man, does time fly. Wore an old Stetson No.1 Quality western.

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
384792_10150594004572783_678062782_10909484_1804155110_n.jpg

Aloha from Oahu! Wearing my restored Resistol Milan...see the Resistol Roundup thread for details.

Only a fragment of the tag left, but looks like my other ca. 1960s Resistol tags...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff