Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Famous People in Flight Jackets

bentusian

One of the Regulars
Hi,
Yes I am the owner of Jetpilotoverseas although I have not updated it in a long time!

Here is the Land MFG jacket, I'm working on an article about them, I have not taken pictures of the Fruhauf yet but I plan to in the near future

Land went on to design a number of different styles of flight jacket and became the supplier to NASA making their iconic blue Apollo era jackets.
All the best.

Thanks for the pic and the additional info.
I still regularly check on your blog(s) even though it's not been updated quite some time...

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
victor_mature_diana_dors_in_The_Long_Haul.jpg

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I must be showing my L7 attention deficit, who is this guy above? I he famous? Looks like a homeless guy, in which case, sorry for being rude about him!

Deacon211

One Too Many
Yes, I think it is Shia and no, you shouldn't apologize for being rude about him. He's a meh actor and a bit of a self-important train wreck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Never heard of him. Well, he doesn't have a lot of dress sense anyway.
Yes, I think it is Shia and no, you shouldn't apologize for being rude about him. He's a meh actor and a bit of a self-important train wreck.

Marv

A-List Customer
It's Shia Lebouf, the last film you chaps may have seen him in was Fury or any of the Transformer movies.....he can be a bit of a moron sometimes.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
Shia LaBeouf's dad is prior Army, Vietnam War. I have known several active duty personnel that have met him on set when he was filming 'Fury' and Transformers. They all say that he went out of his way to interact with the troops. Often times sitting down to have lunch with them or "smoke and joke" with them on set when he was on break.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Shia LaBeouf's dad is prior Army, Vietnam War. I have known several active duty personnel that have met him on set when he was filming 'Fury' and Transformers. They all say that he went out of his way to interact with the troops. Often times sitting down to have lunch with them or "smoke and joke" with them on set when he was on break.
That's great to hear and thanks for sharing. I definitely have more respect for Shia now. I have a friend who is a young, non-famous actor and he says most "stars" ignore the crew and in fact are often quite rude to them (except to the director and producer, whom they fawn over).

Last edited:

Deacon211

One Too Many

Well, good to hear. I had heard a few things he had said that made him seem like a bit of a Richard Cranium. But, perhaps I judged him too harshly.

Thanks TTF and thanks for the correction on Cherubs...I forgot that you guys get nosebleeds above Angels 1. ;-)

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
The movie is set in 1960 but I'm wondering if MA-1 jackets had pocket flaps and the medium green colour yet?
It was a great movie, but no, the MA-1 had no pocket flaps until the e-series jackets appeared in 1972 or so. And the pilot's name tag would have been white tape...not velcro. The jackets in the movie are Alpha repros. The distinctive Alpha zipper pull is evident in one closeup.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy