Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Celluloid, Bakelite, Lucite and other vintage plastics

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ooh! Neat!! I'd love to see pics of them! You have some of the most fun jewelry, Jitterbugdoll! I love yours as well, Bella Hell, the autumn leaves are brilliant! Beautiful!

Thanks, gals! I found the wagon wheel one in a little antique store in Illinois. He had lots of fun and funky jewelry on the cheap! Vanessa and I raided them.. lol I had no idea it was something unique, I just thought it was fun. Someday I really want one of those big chunky fruit. I've wanted one for years.
The little owl I found at a thrift store- so that's my bargain piece! I think he was under $3 :D

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Your bakelite jewellery is so pretty!

I used to live in Paris. There's the most wonderful little shop in a side street off rue de Rivoli, not far from the Samaritaine department store, that ONLY sells vintage French bakelite and celluloid bijouterie. Not cheap of course. I've spent a long time drooling in front of that shop window.
If anyone's going to Paris, you should stop by!

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just got this from ebay - haven't seen it yet but it looks so cute! Whimsical even! And it was only $9!
hatpin1.JPG

hatpin2.JPG

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
I just bought some cute souvenir-brooches from ebay...

57_1_b.JPG

64_1_b.JPG

I was holding myself extremely back and just bought some from places that I have seen myself for now, but I plan to extend my collection ;)

The ebay-description says they are plastic-ones but ?ç look forward to do the Bakelite test with them :)

Bella it´s funny how ours seem alike! Yours with little Tequilla and Gin bottles and my one with the wine-bottle lol

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Sari, those are great! Is that a bottle of Liebfraumilch dangling from the first one?
I love old souvenirs too! I have some Eiffel tower earrings (just some kind of metal), a large plastic Venetian gondola with coloured electric lights and some flamenco dolls that my grandad's wife brought home from Mallorca and the Costa del Sol in the 50s when tourism was all new...

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Hi Violet!

Oh I´d love your souveniers!!! Please please post them!!!

The bottle hanging down is a wine-bottle as R?ºdesheim is famous for it¬¥s wines. Whenever my train passes R?ºdesheim it is full of old tourists that wanna go to a wine-trial lol

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Well, it *is* Oktoberfest!

Yeah I only see people walk around in Dirndls nowadays lol Just joking. Off course only the Bavarians do and we use to joke around saying that they are actually foreigners since they really are a kind of their own ;)

Mojito

One Too Many
Those are all gorgeous - from the highly naturalistic ones to the funky, funny booze bottles. Makes me want to go and add another batch of items to my eBay watch list.

Did anyone see the episode of the American Antiques Road Show where they discussed one of the cherry brooches, and the sound they make?

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In a fit of procrastination from studying for finals, I hung up all my clip back earrings! All but three pairs here are vintage. I'm so happy to have them out! Too bad my screw back ones kept falling off :(

earrings.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner