Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Your signature cocktail.

Miles Borocky

Familiar Face
simple but boring

Various single malt scotches (I know, not a cocktail proper).
Gin and tonic with a twist of lime.
A dry martini.
Mojitos with fresh mint.

Ugarte

A-List Customer
Lately, I've been celebrating the 10th anniversary of The Big Labowski, so I've put away quite a few White Russians.

Last weekend I had some friends over and we played a drinking game: When a character in Labowski dropped the F-bomb, you had to take a sip. The ladies and I put away almost an entire fifth of Absolute. I haven't craved a Caucasian since.

Mark

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
Did you hear that the latest cocktail on Wall Street is the
"Manhattan Market Shaker":

manhattan-lemon-twist_~42-16804898.jpg

50 ml flat, bitter Lehman
150 ml tonic water
One slice of Lehman
Dash of bitters
No sweetener
No spirits

Shake well, squeeze Lehman and discard.
Serve with short straws in a tumbler.
Best quaffed on your knees.

12862largeLogo.gif

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It was her birthday.

carter said:
In the film The Blue Gardenia, our lady in peril gets loopy drinking multiple editions of a cocktail called a Polynesian Pearl Diver. As nearly as I could tell it looked like a rum and fruit juice cocktail similar to a Mai Tai. Flag, parasol and all. Does anyone have a recipe for this cocktail?
The last time I watched this favorite movie was with hubby and we decided the Polynesian Pile Driver was like a Zombie, what with the ease of drinking and the mind-numbing effects. Whenever we have a couple of sneaky fruity rum drinks we call 'em Polynesian Pile Drivers.
From 1963 edition of Old Mr. Boston De Luxe Official Bartender's Guide

Zombie

1 oz. Unsweetened Pineapple Juice
Juice 1 Lime
Juice 1 Small Orange
1 Teaspoon Powdered Sugar
1/2 oz. Apricot Flavored Brandy
2 1/2 oz. Rum
1 oz. Jamaica Rum
1 oz. Passion Fruit Juice may be added

Add cracked ice and agitate for full minute in electric mixing machine (if none available, shake very well in cocktail shaker), and strain into 14 oz. frosted zombie glass. Decorate with square of pineapple and 1 green and 1 red cherry.
Carefully float 1/2 oz. 151 proof Demerara Rum and then top with sprig of fresh Mint dipped in powdered sugar. Serve with straws.

(and a stretcher)

LondonLuke

One of the Regulars
Prairie Dog said:
Did you hear that the latest cocktail on Wall Street is the
"Manhattan Market Shaker":

manhattan-lemon-twist_~42-16804898.jpg

50 ml flat, bitter Lehman
150 ml tonic water
One slice of Lehman
Dash of bitters
No sweetener
No spirits

Shake well, squeeze Lehman and discard.
Serve with short straws in a tumbler.
Best quaffed on your knees.

12862largeLogo.gif

I don't know whether to laugh or cry [huh]

Down2BDapper

Familiar Face
I enjoy anything with gin in it pretty much, including very dry martinis, gin & tonics, and just plain shots of straight gin sometimes.:p

Also, scotch on the rocks holds a special place in my heart, as it was my first legal drink ever, so I always have that as a default.

Pyroxene

One of the Regulars
Bill's Signature Margarita

Inspired from Jimmy Buffett's "Who's to Blame?" Margarita, I'd like to think I took the drink to a new level.

* 1 Pint Glass
* Your favorite tequila (I'll use whatever is available)
* Your favorite triple sec
* Margarita mix
* Your "lost shaker of salt"
* 1 Lime
* Blue curacao (optional)

Fill a pint glass all the way to the top with cubed ice. Fill up the glass about half way with tequila. (This should not be a half glass of tequila because the ice should be in the glass.) Pour about 1 1/2 ounces of triple sec. This should make your glass just about full. Top it off with margarita mix. This should make your glass full. Add 3-4 shakes of salt. Add the juice from a wedge of lime. Pour in to a shaker and shake good for about 10 seconds. Pour back into your pint glass and enjoy.

For added fun, rim the edge of the glass with another wedge of lime and sprinkle some salt along the edge. Add a little bit of blue curaco to give it that caribbean look and garnish with a wedge of lime, cherry or gummy worm.

The drink should be strong but not too strong. Should have plenty of lime flavor.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
One of the other member's here just secured me a bottle of Luxardo, so that I can make my signature drink, the Aviation. I WOULD have to go and settle on a cocktail that you practically can't find anywhere.

I've got the Creme de Violette on the line - will be placing a will-call order shortly before my next trip to San Francisco. The last place I tried to get it from was backordered - and then when they had it in stock, emailed to let me know shipping would be a shocking $21. Yes, in addition to the price of the liquor.

anon`

One Too Many
pdxvintagette said:
One of the other member's here just secured me a bottle of Luxardo, so that I can make my signature drink, the Aviation. I WOULD have to go and settle on a cocktail that you practically can't find anywhere.

I've got the Creme de Violette on the line - will be placing a will-call order shortly before my next trip to San Francisco. The last place I tried to get it from was backordered - and then when they had it in stock, emailed to let me know shipping would be a shocking $21. Yes, in addition to the price of the liquor.
Oh! Get a bottle for me, too? I'll pay you for it! ;)

(Yes, this must become a rotating part of my bar!)

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
anon` said:
Oh! Get a bottle for me, too? I'll pay you for it! ;)
Will do. They say it is $25.99, and as I far as I know, there's no charge for will-call. There better damn well not be! I don't leave for CA until the first week/weekend of December though.

I want to try the Blue Moon, which is basically gin and Creme de Violette. Chowder's Violet flavored candies are one of my favorite things, so the flavor really interests me.

anon`

One Too Many
I've never heard of a violet-flavoured candy before... where does one find them? And do they go well with obscure cocktails made with obscure liqueur made of not-so-obscure flowers?

No rush, but it saves me from the perils of mail-order! Let me know if you'd like some cash beforehand.

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
anon` said:
I've never heard of a violet-flavoured candy before... where does one find them?

The only place that I knew of in town that sold them was Finnegan's toy shop.

Here they are: Violet Flavored Mints

Literally my favorite non-chocolate candy. I used to get them in my stocking when I was a kid. I don't think they'd mix well with cocktails though. One evil thing at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally