Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
You know you're getting old when you think foamy coffee is ridiculous and are perfectly satisfied with a cup of Instant Sanka.

I usually get a hot chocolate when dragged to a Starbucks. Coffee is usually, to me, a morning drink. I drink fresh ground (half high octane beans, half decaf beans) at home, black. Odd thing is, I never even drank the stuff until I was out of school and into my career, age 27. If I had to pull an all nighter when I was studying for a final, I'd steep 4-5 bags of Irish Breakfast Tea per cup : that'd keep my eyeballs open for hours.

When I think of Sanka, I think of those old commercials that Robert Young used to do.

I usually get a hot chocolate when dragged to a Starbucks. Coffee is usually, to me, a morning drink. I drink fresh ground (half high octane beans, half decaf beans) at home, black. Odd thing is, I never even drank the stuff until I was out of school and into my career, age 27. If I had to pull an all nighter when I was studying for a final, I'd steep 4-5 bags of Irish Breakfast Tea per cup : that'd keep my eyeballs open for hours.

When I think of Sanka, I think of those old commercials that Robert Young used to do.

Probably one of their best:
https://youtu.be/YTw8PRuzIEk

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I love to smell coffee, but drinking it is like playing a blowtorch up and down my digestive tract. I drink plain Red Rose tea, steeped in the cup for at least fifteen minutes, and consumed in a single gulp. Fancy tea annoys me.

...We have the occasional patron at work who complains that we don't sell foamy five-dollar cups of coffee and they don't like the plain stuff and it's ruining their evening. It's all I can do to keep from laughing in their faces.
Send 'em to southern California. Every movie theater I can think of has at least one "five-dollar foamy coffee" shop within walking distance.

On second thought, don't.

Maybe you should start a thread: "First world gripes!"
What, and confirm for the rest of the world that we 'Muricans are indeed a bunch of whiny, self-centered mouth-breathers? :rant: :nono:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You hate coffee and I hate tea. Has it ever crossed your mind that you and I might have been born on the wrong side of the pond?

I don't drink coffee unless there is nothing else to drink, or I am freezing! I do like hot tea though. Maybe, my Dad picked up some virus when he was over there in the war?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up

The only time I have ever been in a Starbucks was with my sister last year, she bought me a hot coco! It was actually pretty good, but, not good enough for me to pay.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The coffee may not be any good, but I guarantee if you are old enough, this sound will bring back a flood of memories! [video=youtube;fn3AIJWhzEk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3AIJWhzEk[/video]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82