Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

You know you are getting old when:

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
The Bulger murder and Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs Woodward are etched in memory.:(

I remember the latter because of my wife's comment at the time, to wit: "These people hire au pairs and have no idea what they're getting into. Those Brit girls just want to come over here to party. The parents who hire them think that they're getting Daphne Moon from Frasier!"

You know you're getting old when somebody says "the turn of the century" and your first thought is about William McKinley.
I wasn't around for that one, so when I hear "turn of the century" I tend to remember all of the people that lost their minds worrying about whether or not the Y2K computer glitch was going to end civilization as we know it. lol

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
You know you're getting old when somebody says "the turn of the century" and your first thought is about William McKinley.

I have a standard joke when people say turn of the last century, when the actually mean 1900. "I remember back in ought 6, Dagnabbit!"

Edward

Bartender
ljcGK1y.jpg

Somebody, somewhere, is quite likely looking at us in much the same way. :lol:

I remember the latter because of my wife's comment at the time, to wit: "These people hire au pairs and have no idea what they're getting into. Those Brit girls just want to come over here to party. The parents who hire them think that they're getting Daphne Moon from Frasier!"

Ha.... Yeah, that was an odd case. Odd on every level; I don't think we'll ever fully know the truth on that one. The element of it thatinterested me most was the reaction of the British press, which was the usual "one of *ours* is in troubled abroad - we must supportg them to the hilt - boo, Johnny foreigner with your nonsense legal system that can find a British citizen guilty, boo!". Same corners of the press that would have been bursting to go out eith "nanny bitch from hell" as soon as sentence was passed had it happened over here. Odd world.

Edward

Bartender
Jack%2BDelano%2B-%2BSpectators%2Bat%2Bthe%2Bannual%2Bbarrel%2Brolling%2Bcontest%2Bin%2BPresque%2BIsle,%2BMaine,%2B1940.jpg

How People Dressed In The Era.

1940s_Costume_Hire_Arabesque77_2.jpg

How People Think People Dressed In The Era.

That's a bingo! Especially the uniforms.... Oh, and the furs. Amazing how many women you see at big vibtage events i thd UK suffering near heatstroke because Vintage Women Wore Fur. In August.

My parents are/were hippies....

On the contrary, if they hadn't rejectdd tailoring so soundly, instead of seeing it preserved by subsequent subculture rebellions, it might have simply faded away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe